[H-RP] The Dawnfury Accord ~ TBC Blood Elf Guild

Hello, Bloodsail! With the possibility of Classic TBC on the horizon, I thought I might get a head start and begin preparing for the arrival of the Sin’dorei to Warcraft. I will be posting parts of stories weekly surrounding elves retaking their lands as they would be during the vanilla period. Should we get Classic TBC, these stories will become the background for < The Dawnfury Accord >, a heavy-RP Sin’dorei-centric guild. If you are interested in becoming an officer for this hypothetical guild, or just deeply interested in the Sin’dorei and are looking forward to roleplaying one when TBC launches, send me a message on discord at Baradin#3237. Thanks and remember, the reckoning is at hand!

Chapter 1 - Preparations

“The Lynx is a beautiful creature. Entirely endemic to Quel’thalas and intrinsically linked to our people”. The words echoed through the halls of the Farstrider Retreat; a tall, slender elf of lithe build behind them. “They are like us in many regards. Nimble, quick of mind and brutal when needed. But the lynx is also patient - it stalks its prey and awaits the moment with savage fervour. You farstriders have much to learn from the Elfwoods, much to learn from its fauna as well”. The elf paused to carefully eye the gathered, each clad in leathers verdant green and brown. One elf would stand out to him. He looked exceedingly young; even for this group, and reminded him, at least in part, of himself. The younger elf met his gaze, and the elder softened his expression, perhaps a moment of reflection.
But only a moment. “Tonight you must be the lynx. You must strike out with brutal ferocity, be the ghost of the woods. Be the animal that they learn to fear, but do not forget the lynx’s final lesson. Patience will keep you alive in the Blackened Woods. Anar’alah belore.”

The gathered rangers scattered and the elder elf soon thereafter found himself entirely alone. There was a certain serenity to that moment. The ambience of the forest and the distant whispers of the Elrendar Falls softly wandering into the lodge. He sat himself down on the retreat’s north-facing landing and eyed the wondrous Silvermoon before him. The untouched golden districts of the eternal city reached up to the heavens. The arcane towers were daggers to the scattered clouds, and the Sunfury Spire appeared unharmed by time.
But it was a short-lived moment of tranquillity. In plain view, too, an ugly mark of death and decay. It lingered; unwanted, a cursed memory not willing to fade—a path of destruction, now half a decade old yet unhealed. Even from the lodge, he could make out their shambling figures. Just remnants of Arthas’ invasion, but they were enough to keep the elves on their toes. And then that cool ambience was sliced by the knife of a laboured cry, farstriders announcing another wave of those marauders. They sounded tired, he thought. “We are all so tired,” he quietly sighed.

“Captain Viranis Goldenmourn.” The new title sounded so foreign to him. The great purging of Quel’thalas had left Silvermoon with so little rangers that dire advancements had to be made. Viranis learned quickly that the rank was simply an object of civility. It would be his skill and mind that would keep him alive.
“Tonight you will be travelling into the Blackened Woods, and with you your contingent of farstriders.” Viranis nodded, now fully dressed in leathers of brown and quiet red.
“You will strike out at a cultist’s encampment along the Elrendar and north of Suncrown. You will strike with impunity and leave none standing”. Viranis nodded again, this time pinning his hands behind his back.
“Very well, make Silvermoon proud tonight, Lieutenant.”
“Thank you, Ranger-General. I shall.”

7 Likes

I’m eagerly awaiting the next installment, and hope to learn more about the contingent, their journey to the woods, and beyond.

1 Like

Chapter 2 - Old Enemies

“These Blackened Woods do not grow quiet. The darkness may be a silent neighbour, but those who linger within it not so. There are beings wrought of stolen flesh and abominable magics; mindless, yet unified in their horrible cruelty. And within our old villages crawl ancient, terrible monsters who should have never laid a claw on Quel’thalas’ shores. But even further south, he reigns. Not a Prince of Darkness or grand lich; no, an elf drunk on promises of power – a power that could never be his. He was known as Dar’Khan Drathir,” Viranis peered up from the campfire’s flame, a wicked smile played across his lips as he looked to each of his rangers. “But to me, he is just a dead man”.

Goldenmourn’s party had gathered just north of the Elrendar River near an elven runestone. They had decided to wait for the cover of darkness to cross south towards their target.

A raven-haired farstrider who Viranis remembered to be Valanna raised her hand, “Is it Dar’Khan who we’ll be hunting tonight?”

The elf’s response was quick yet a solemn one. “Dar’Khan’s time will come, but not today. The coward holds up in a fortified citadel called Deatholme. The old villages will have to be retaken before any real assault on it”.

“Like Tranquillien?” a younger farstrider blurted. It was the same ranger that Viranis noticed at the Retreat. “Apologies, Lieutenant, I… I hail from Tranquillien, and I’d like to return, or at least see it freed”.

Viranis nodded, “My village was decimated during the fall as well, Lethvalin. Suncrown, it’s now infested by the Nerubian menace, I believe. But do not fret, I’ve heard talk of sending a party of farstriders and magisters to reclaim Tranquillien. It may just -”

A guttural cry rang out, and in seconds the forest was alive with movement. Tall, wiry bodies surrounded the party. Their green limbs danced up in the roused air as they chanted and cried. They slinked out of the shadows and from the tree line. More came from the ridge and some from the south.

“Trolls!” Viranis roared, “fall back to the runestone!”

But it was all too late. The largest of the trolls, a brute known as Muzanji, threw his head back in laughter and cried out, “Taz’dingo!” From behind him, an arrow soared, landing with a sickening thud in Viranis’ shoulder. Knocked to the dirt, he peered around to his allies. Some had fled, others were strewn with the second volley’s arrows. His senses burned and all the elf could do was roll over and face the afternoon sun, awaiting the final blow. But it did not come. Viranis blinked and did so again and again, an intense feeling of drowsiness falling over him.

Muzanji approached his catch and peered down at the elf with blood-crazed eyes. “Wat? Do you be feeling sleepy now?” Viranis moved for his bow, but the troll smirked and kicked it away.

“No, no, little elf. Dere be no need fo’ dat. You be coming wit me.”

Then, like carrions to a corpse, the troll party surrounded the lieutenant. His body fell limp, and Muzanji stuffed him into a sack, leaving with not a moment to waste. All that was left were the corpses of three rangers and a lieutenant’s pin, lost amid the swaying grasses of Eversong.

2 Likes

Interested. Should the guild [or a sister guild] be started now to accumulate wealth and gear and get to know each before TBC launches?

Totally! Feel free to message me on my discord and we can begin to work things out. As for wealth/gear, I am hesitant to begin any real preparation until Blizzard releases information regarding the manner of Classic TBC’s launch. However, I do intend to roleplay prior to release; so those interested, or those who would just like some sin’dorei fun, feel free to message me.

Anu belore dela’na!

1 Like

TBC seems a lot closer now.

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to it. I know a few people who were thinking of trying Classic once TBC came out and included Draenei and Blood Elves. I think it’ll be great for the server, for both sides. Especially Horde.

1 Like

It seems like we’ll be seeing a Classic TBC launch in the Spring of 2021; definitely a lot sooner than I expected, but I’m eagerly awaiting nonetheless. I’m hoping the eventual arrival (flood) of new Blood Elves will be able to spark some new life into Bloodsail Horde RP.

And if you, or any one you know, is interested in Belf RP come TBC, feel free to send me a message (Baradin#3237 - discord). The guild also has a page on the BB wiki at (https://bloodsailbuccaneers.fandom.com/wiki/The_Dawnfury_Accord)

3 Likes

Your local blood elf here again! With Blizzcon comes what we’ve been waiting for… The Burning Crusade Classic has been announced and is coming soon™!

The Dawnfury is still looking for those interested in Sin’dorei roleplay, officers in particular. See the previous posts for my discord info, and as always…

Remember the Sunwell!

2 Likes

Yes!

I was hoping with TBC would come a revival of great RP again! I’m so hoping to see Silvermoon City bustling again with RP’ers! I don’t really do discord but I’m interested and I’ll watch this thread.

2 Likes

I don’t plan on playing Blood Elf myself, but I was hoping there would be an influx of RPers that were waiting on Blood Elves to release. Hoping this gives Hordeside Bloodsail some wind in its sails.

And because we’ll see Blood Elves in the pre-patch and they can’t be boosted, there will be a large influx of levelers to play with, which is also nice.

4 Likes

Hey! Sent ya a friend request over Discord :smiley: Boopersnootle.

1 Like

Viranis was perched on a rocky outcropping just outside Fairbreeze Village. His eyes idly scanned accounts from the outside world. He enjoyed the stories of heroes and far away crusades; it gave the farstrider a chance to escape the tedium he’d been lost in as of late. Reports and quartermaster’s listings were a far cry from the ranger’s true calling.

“Interesting, the Lich who corrupted our very Sunwell has been laid low. Good riddance.”

The elf smirked and rolled up the papers, stuffing them haphazardly into the side-compartment of his quiver. He made for the nearby village with haste, albeit hampered by a notable limp. His run-in with the Amani Trolls had not left him entirely unharmed.

The vile brutes had beat him and brought them back to Tor’Watha, their local garrison. There Viranis’ beatings continued as he was pressed for information by a particularly literate troll: Muzanji. This persisted for only a week, to the chagrin of said trolls, as a Scourge raid upon the village awarded the elf enough of a distraction to escape into Eversong’s dense thickets. Viranis knew these woods well enough to stagger back to the Farstrider Retreat, where he’d be treated for the torture inflicted upon him.

“Bal’a dash, Liera’dora.”

Goldenmourn hailed a passing farstrider. The village of Fairbreeze had become a bustling hub for a new group of elves – an accord of sorts. It had been an idea nestled deep within Viranis’ mind while he was held prisoner. That being to organize a singular group of Sin’dorei to handle threats to Silvermoon directly. He welcomed elves from all over Eversong, even, despite his better judgment, from the newly founded Blood Knights.

Viranis did not know how far this organization would go, nor whether they’d be able to secure their homeland. But Fel, they’d sure try.

1 Like

I sent you a friend’s request on discord! I’m so excited to get into tbc with the sin’dorei!

1 Like

Bal’a dash, malanore!

The Dawnfury is still looking for roleplayers interested in taking up the crimson banner of Silvermoon! Want to help lead this elite contingent’s Farstriders? Find me on discord at Baradin#3237.

3 Likes

Viranis Goldenmourn stood upon a twilit ridge, flanked by two farstriders, with thirty or so sin’dorei gathered in a valley below. In his left hand were the tattered remains of an elven tabard, soaked in black ichor and covered in Fel soot. The commander lifted the cloth and cried out to the gathered.

“Today, we have reclaimed the heart of this land. Tranquillien is ours!”

From the crowd came a joyous cry, and the rangers lifted their bows to the heavens while sparks shot from the hands of magisters, and the blood knights beat their blades against their shields. But in the din of triumph, the commander called for silence. He lifted a closed fist, and the cries, sparks, and steel-wrought clamor subsided.

“You are right to rejoice, but our work is far from over. For just as the Dawnfury has served Silvermoon in this venture, have we been assigned our next. Tonight we will have our festivities, and in this rescued land, we shall sleep well. But tomorrow, we return north. The coalition of elves and forsaken who have aided us today shall garrison this town - we must instead tend to matters closer to home.”

Viranis paused to eye the gathered Accord with a solemn smile.

“Silvermoon thanks you for your service this day. So, back to your celebrations! You’ve earned it.”

As the Ranger-Captain turned to his entourage and descended the ridge, the crowd below once again erupted in cheers and laughter. Amidst the huzzahs and hurrahs, one cheer grew in voice over any other.

“Tal anu’men no Sin’dorei!”
“Tal anu’men no Sin’dorei!”

Death to all who oppose the Children of the Blood!

1 Like

I would definitely be interested in joining the guild once TBC lands! Not sure what class I want to play yet tho! Also sent a FR on discord :wink:

1 Like

I’ve had a name reserved for Belf since they announced TBC. I’d love to hear more about the guild! Discord friend request also sent.

3 Likes

I would also be interested. Haven’t played much classic so I’ve been playing the last few weeks.

Will be doing a paladin (likely holy or prot because I love them shields), also possibly a hunter.

Been playing an undead warlock and actually enjoying it more than I remember originally playing classic.

3 Likes

I am interested in this, I am moving my Alliance guild to tbc, but really want to join an active Horde rp guild with a blood elf, I am making a mage, a paladin, and a hunter. I would be happy with just one of these being in an rp guild.

Do you have a Discord Server for the guild yet? I was going to message you on discord, but it wont let me as we are not friended, and I am not sure if we belong to a mutual server.