I wish to take leadership of my Guild *help*

For guild leadership, it’s specifically the Guild Leader character. I know because in my old guild I’m GM and my bank toon had the option to take over the guild :wink:

4 Likes

You’re thinking of name release. The account have to not be active to have names on that account release. I can play a toon on a different server and still keep a popular name on another server for myself.

You might be thinking about name reservation. That is based on account activity.

Dethrone is specific to the guild leader character. That is the one that must be inactive for 90+ days. If you are logging into a different character, the guild leader can still be dethroned if that character hasn’t been logged in and there are qualifying characters in the 1-3 rank positions.

Anthira, it is possible that because there is an active member in a rank above yours, that only that rank currently is provided the option for the dethrone. I’ve made some inquiries to see if my guess is correct.

3 Likes

According to the support article, the person in rank two gets first dibs, but does not say how long that window stays open until the next rank can take initiative, if at all.

1 Like

It’s that language I am seeking clarification on. I believe it is as long as someone in that rank is active (active being within a week), but I like to be sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it says 4 months, so it outs at least 90 days since login. Like I said, no option anywhere in guild, any of them, but the info tab only has those 3 items I mentioned earlier. It is character specific, not account, to answer your question.

I believe only other person besides myself that logged in the last few months is a rank 2, and he doesn’t want it.

Is he able to choose it though? If so, they can do it and pass leadership to you right away too.

4 Likes

It was my observation, just for clarity sake. And Vrak was correct, I was confusing that aspect with holding onto a name.

I would suggest right clicking the GM toon in the roster and attempt to add as btag friend.
There might be a slim chance to get connected to the current GM, when the person logs on to any game on the launcher.
They should then be able to ticket a transfer of leadership, even if they are not subscribing anymore, right?