I will play again only if it’s SOM2

This feels true.

Granted I honestly dislike the absolute disgusting amounts of FOMO and monetization that the modern day WoW has, and I feel that it’ll only get worse, now granted I will not say that Vanilla is better than Retail, on a technical level alone that’s been proven wrong, but Classic is just special, yeah I wish all the classes were better balanced and I wish certain things like long waiting times for single mobs were fixed, but the game is simple, go from point A to point B and make an adventure out of it. Really, that’s just something cool, even from a 19 year old game.

1 Like

This only bothers you because you think somebody else having more means you somehow have less. Your gonna be in the same place regardless of how many 60s there are. The only real difference is less people at your level and how that effects dungeons and economy. Honestly its better for the economy for me because less people at my level means less people farming mats at my level. I have 250g at lvl 35. It can be hard to find a group and take as much as an hour sometimes when pop is low but i think its worth it.

Plus with many geared 60s that means you will get geared faster cause nobody is fighting over the loot. Plus you get carried more through content. Plus bags are cheaper.

Honestly the only reason to want fresh anymore is to revamp the economy which it honestly doesnt need atm, and to have more low levels running around which we also dont really need anymore because of the current vanilla resurgence. In peak hours i can get a group in a couple minutes max.

My point being fresh isnt all its cracked up to be. I used to want fresh until i played era and realized its more than fine.

2 Likes

Classic Era proves this statement wrong correct?

1 Like

I never understood the constant need for clean slate and resets, must be a private server player thing

3 Likes

IMO the argument of “This only bothers you because you think somebody else having more means you somehow have less.” This is such an over used excuse for content creators to take away content that existed in the game. Why? I don’t know, maybe it’s because those that already have it want to keep it exclusive so they can feel they have something superior, but that could also not be it.

I want it because it looks cool, not because I feel like i’m missing out and for the completionist mindset.

TBC Era > Vanilla Era, IMO.

4 Likes

You are utterly clueless to what state the game is even in.

2 Likes

I really wish they had done a TBC era I dont get the reasoning of not doing it.

The point is to be able to replay expansions as they were. Why when I do a drop down menu of classic is it missing one of the OG 3 games?

I have a feeling there will be quite a lot of backlash this time if they just decide to go to cata and not offer WOTLK era realms either.

4 Likes

TBC brought so much balance to the game and it’s, hands down, one of my favorite expansions.

2 Likes

Haram.

Stay strong too g

Nobody is taking anything away in this scenario? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Im simply saying that people that are bothered by other people being geared dont understand that it affects them more positively then negatively. Nobody is losing anything or having it taken away by content creators. I literally dont understand what your talking about or how it applies to what i said.

Fill me in. Explain. Provide points. Proof. Ill wait.

My proof is in the post. I have actually experienced the game as is and have no problem doing things like farming or playing or progressing and people that insist these are problems clearly have not tried. I work 12 hour shifts and still find time to be productive in game. I wouldnt say they need to be fixed. But please. enlighten me. Prove me wrong.

I have too and for longer across more realms and what you describe is just a personal anecdote.

No one cares if you the person is doing “just fine” the community as a whole is looking forward to what SOM 2 of FRESH brings.

Stay under a rock.

1 Like

Cool, so no explanation outside of what you insist the community wants. Gotcha. Well im gonna take the points I made about leveling and gearing and gold and raiding and just stay over here with the people that actually want to have a conversation about it and not throw insults about people living under rocks as if they count as a valid rebuttal. You just keep insisting that we need fresh because a vocal minority want it and dont know any better.

As i said i was already on your side and changed my mind when i realized i was wrong. You dont need fresh cause it wont change much and alot of it would be for the worse. Have fun sitting in line to finish quests and not being able to make gold cause everything in the AH is farmed by 100s of people daily.

Im doing fine and all the people on the whitemane cluster seem to be doing fine as well. The population is continuing to grow as people come back from WotLK. people are having fun. the economy is good. The groups are fun and relatively fast. IDK what more youd want except to feel like people arent miles ahead of you which i already explained means almost nothing bad.

Whatever. You dont want to actually have a conversation so have a nice day.

“This only bothers you because you think somebody else having more means you somehow have less.”

This is what I was referring to in your first statement, automatically coming out the gate with a negative assumption, which is entirely not why I’d personally like a reset. That also means that if the majority of the playerbase for the classic era servers DID NOT want one, I’m not gonna fight it.

'The only real difference is less people at your level and how that effects dungeons and economy."

And… Yes, but also no? It would effect people who are at the very top power levelling, but it would not matter as majority of lower levels would power through dungeons so… What do you mean, this helps more than hurts and this is also going under the idea that I would also be a fresh level one scrub, not staying as a level 60 btw. As for the economy it will balance out, as it always has, because, as it turns out, people will continue to undercut, people will continue farm rare drop items, and people will continue to farm gold, that’s like… What literally any server/MMO/game has done since the inception of an In-game Auction house and an in game economy.

“I have 250g at lvl 35. It can be hard to find a group and take as much as an hour sometimes when pop is low but i think its worth it.”

I mean… Cool, I guess, that is impressive, you’ve probably farmed a few cool items and you don’t want that to change, you could very well be a veteran that wants to keep things the way that they are, there isn’t any harm in that.

“Plus with many geared 60s that means you will get geared faster cause nobody is fighting over the loot. Plus you get carried more through content. Plus bags are cheaper.”

I can see that refreshing anything would suck, it would null-void your work. Plus also that statement is nonsensical, it doesn’t mean they’ll automatically work to carry low levels or work to carry ANYONE outside of friends and/or guildies. As for bags and the economy, just means the people who are literally farming to farm, will continue to fine tune their character to have the absolute best. That’s not a reason to not reset, that’s just a facet of hitting end game along with PvPing for High Warlord.

“Honestly the only reason to want fresh anymore is to revamp the economy which it honestly doesnt need atm, and to have more low levels running around which we also dont really need anymore because of the current vanilla resurgence. In peak hours i can get a group in a couple minutes max.”

First, no there are a few other reasons. One: People want resets for either Nolstagia of the old days or to be on even ground and to work hard with other current low levels. Two: People want to be at the start of a refresh simply because of the amount of people who initially show up, it may die down, but by that point you’d be hitting half if not near max level. Three: People want to try something new, sometimes people don’t want to experience levelling multiple alts, they want to play on their main, this gives people the chance for a new class.

At the end of the day, people have different view points, and despite what’s being said, I hear ya out my dude, we all have different ideas and directions. I’d love a Classic Plus, but that won’t happen anytime soon and maybe not even a classic refresh either.

This is what I was referring to in your first statement, automatically coming out the gate with a negative assumption, which is entirely not why I’d personally like a reset

Nobody said you personally. It seems to be the overwhelming majority of people that want fresh want it because they feel their achievments are nullified by people who have already beat them to it. Between that and the economy and gearing and leveling pop reasoning (all of which i have addressed) are the MAIN reasons people want the fresh as described by these forums.

And… Yes, but also no? It would effect people who are at the very top power levelling, but it would not matter as majority of lower levels would power through dungeons so… What do you mean.

If you didnt understand what i meant, why even address it? My point was the people think it will change alot to have but beyond economy bounce and pop flux there wont be much different than current era servers. And you yourself made the point that the econmy and pop will just even out again making it even more pointless. Your literally fighting my side of the argument for me and dont realize it.

I mean… Cool, I guess, that is impressive, you’ve probably farmed a few cool items and you don’t want that to change, you could very well be a veteran that wants to keep things the way that they are, there isn’t any harm in that.

I Havent farmed anything. Its all from gathering professions where i stop for nodes when i see them and sell everything on the AH. Because the economy is fine i dont have to farm to make easy gold. Im a vet but i havnet played in many many years and am just getting back into it. I wanted fresh till i realized it was a waste to wait for it when i could have all the fun i wanted with the product already given.

I can see that refreshing anything would suck, it would null-void your work

Again, i dont have any work to refresh. It does not bother me to be refreshed. Thats not what this is about, at all.

Plus also that statement is nonsensical, it doesn’t mean they’ll automatically work to carry low levels or work to carry ANYONE outside of friends and/or guildies.

Bro what? If multiple guilds are running multiple raids weekly then there will be spots to fill and when they fly through those lower raids, if you ask to go, you will get geared. I see it all the time when people hit 60. saw a lock do it over the past month. Didnt even have to GDKP it. cost him nothing but time and he was gonna be playing anyway lol.

The whole point is when everyone out gears the lower raids they run them quick for fun and to gear alts and stuff and its easy to get into those runs and get geared. Just like in retail at the end of an expansion.

people want resets for either Nolstagia of the old days or to be on even ground and to work hard with other current low levels

You can both experience nostalgia AND be on even ground with many players on current era servers. I do both everyday. You dont need fresh for this. Thats my whole point.

People want to be at the start of a refresh simply because of the amount of people who initially show up

so its for pop flux which i already mentioned and you already said would equalize making it pointless.

People want to try something new, sometimes people don’t want to experience levelling multiple alts, they want to play on their main, this gives people the chance for a new class.

There is no difference between starting fresh on a new fresh and starting fresh on era in terms of how new it feels to play a new class. That doesnt even make sense. Again you can get this from era and does not require fresh.

I’d love a Classic Plus, but that won’t happen anytime soon and maybe not even a classic refresh either.

Som 2, and hardcore servers are all but confirmed. They found hardcore popup text in the game code and SOM 2 was already said to be in production by a dev in the discord.

You should understand that above all this isn’t about what I want. I wanted fresh too but realized it goes against what i am actually asking for. You see I was on the side of fresh but learned more and switched sides. This is about what i think is good for the game. Not what i want. Cause what i want is fresh+ with world buff tweaks and other changes. But i know better than to expect it because i know its not the best path.

“Nobody said you personally. It seems to be the overwhelming majority of people that want fresh want it because they feel their achievments are nullified by people who have already beat them to it. Between that and the economy and gearing and leveling pop reasoning (all of which i have addressed) are the MAIN reasons people want the fresh as described by these forums.”

Even if it’s not addressed directly to me, though that isn’t specified to anyone except to me, given that you were addressing what I had stated previously, that is still a very niche and narrow view of the majority of reasons people have. Thinking ‘oh it’s because they want what other people have’. It’s a main reason to some, yes, but you’re saying it’s near EVERYONE’S view, but how is that true, like… At all, because you and maybe a few of your guildies have the same views of the subject matter, so it must be everyone?

“If you didnt understand what i meant, why even address it? My point was the people think it will change alot to have but beyond economy bounce and pop flux there wont be much different than current era servers. And you yourself made the point that the econmy and pop will just even out again making it even more pointless. Your literally fighting my side of the argument for me and dont realize it.”

First, understanding your side of the argument is ‘no because I don’t like it’, on the bases that it’ll be absolutely pointless, but that’s not, at all what, i’m saying. The state that we are in, right now, is a resting period where, outside of any major influences like bots or player made scams, we are pretty much grinding for the same thing. Some people want the ability to do it all again, find new people, try new things. You’re just seemingly trying to think that everyone is gonna try the exact same thing every time, and while that may be the case, that isn’t going to be the case for everyone, some people will try harder, maybe form guilds or work harder to PvP. A fresh start may end the same as what we have now, but at this point, what do we have to lose?

“I Havent farmed anything. Its all from gathering professions where i stop for nodes when i see them and sell everything on the AH. Because the economy is fine i dont have to farm to make easy gold. Im a vet but i havnet played in many many years and am just getting back into it. I wanted fresh till i realized it was a waste to wait for it when i could have all the fun i wanted with the product already given.”

And that’s fine, but I don’t see it as a waste, the economy has never mattered, it helps to buy items, but if the entirety of the game relied solely on the AH, rather than using it as a tool to short cut some grinds then WoW would be in a FAR worse state. In SoM, as a priest, to get my legendary cloak, it was 500 gold for just the materials and another 750 just for someone to make it. That was during the rest period where people where bored and the only people left were the hardcore grinders and farmers. As it turns out, when it’s just starting out, some people are gonna raise anything to the absolute roof, majority usually follow a very simple chain of logic such as 'is this higher than the vendor trash selling rate? How hard was it to farm" What is the lowest price set for this item?" To rebuild the economy you are comfortable with, will not take any time, maybe it’s even better, or worse, but the argument of ‘we shouldn’t because it’s good for right now’ doesn’t outweigh the fact that people are resting with everything they need and don’t mind jacking up the price.

"Bro what? If multiple guilds are running multiple raids weekly then there will be spots to fill and when they fly through those lower raids, if you ask to go, you will get geared. I see it all the time when people hit 60. saw a lock do it over the past month. Didnt even have to GDKP it. cost him nothing but time and he was gonna be playing anyway lol.

The whole point is when everyone out gears the lower raids they run them quick for fun and to gear alts and stuff and its easy to get into those runs and get geared. Just like in retail at the end of an expansion."

Most guilds i’ve ever been with, unless just starting out, my guy, usually take the same people unless they have to go in with a hot replacement due to random or planned absence. Especially guilds that are maxed level, active and looking to refine their raiding time, which isn’t the off one or two, though there are some very sweaty guilds that will finish a raid in less than two hours if they really wanted to. So this rotation of people constantly going through raid to raid might be very common now, and if that’s the case, I do apologize, but if you have one team that cleared, for example, Ragnaros, I plan to see those same 40 people next week because we already know they can complete the raid. It’s the nature of guilds that are dedicated to PvE and/or PvP content, they want to succeed and don’t want to waste time.

“Cause what i want is fresh+ with world buff tweaks and other changes.”

Skipping over the last few arguments, there isn’t enough substance there, unless I want to bang my head against a brick wall, I 100% agree that all I want is a better Classic era experience, not just classic, i’d love classic plus for so many reasons, bringing fresh air to a simple game.

I mean, we can go back and forth about the positives and negatives and i’m pretty sure there is no clear winner here, it’s all just preference.

Classic Era, with World buffs. Fresh. Let’s go

2 Likes

Getting carried is not progression and isn’t fun at all. The biggest reason I’d want a fresh start server.

2-3 months into Classic Fresh will be the same thing, many 60s so it’ll feel “less special”