I will be sticking to Havoc - Best Covenant for general content?

So, after trying time and time again, and failing to find a guild as Vengeance, I gave up and went Havoc(I am enjoying the spec a lot more than I anticipated, I admit) and I was wondering what’s the best covenant for overall content, PvE and PvP alike? I am currently Kyrian, but outside of M+, it’s not exactly the most useful one, especially not in PvP.

I am torn between Venthyr and Night Fae.

Well Night Fae is the best for havoc now all around especially if you are raiding and doing PvP.

1 Like

I went Venthyr. I like their soul binds, and the sinful brand is cool. Hits aoe if you use meta.

Also, vampires

2 Likes

Night fae x 1000000

BiS covenant ability and BiS soul binds.

I got jebaited for the first two weeks of SL, then went night fae and it’s way better!

1 Like

If I may derail the thread for a second. Considering the OP hasn’t replied to any of the posts, and it’s been over 12 hours since the last reply.

What about for Vengeance? I’m debating between Kyrian and Night Fae.

The Hunt offers a lot of damage (Great single target, and decent AoE if you can aim it properly), and some good leech for sustain.

Elysian Decree also offers good damage, and shatters souls from the target. It has half the cool down period, which means I can essentially get 2 off per every 1 Hunt.

Thoughts?

Edit: Movement speed vs health pots as well. Shouldn’t discount those abilities.

We don’t necessarily NEED more movement, but it never hurts to have it. Likewise, I won’t snub my nose up at a 20% health pot.

I have honestly been wondering about kyrian for havoc as well, like is it that bad?

If you set aside pvp (which is a BIG ask, given most of our BiS is pvp gear) then I’d say Kyrian is better than NF.

Hunt does strong single target damage, but it’s really just a drop in the bucket vs a boss and vengeance isn’t there to nuke single targets. The AoE portion is also fairly hard to utilize, and comes with the disadvantage of moving (which can screw up positioning).

Kyrian is an easy to use and reliable nuke. While it doesn’t hit as hard, doing 8k to five boss adds with one million hp each is generally a lot more valuable than 30k to a boss with thirty million hp. While the healing is weaker over time, the way that Shards work means that it can often times be more clutch in the moment (and it synergizes with our best tanking legendary).

Kyrian is also vastly superior if you’re interested in pushing M+ keys. There’s really no contest in terms of snap threat on add spawn / aoe pull. And the vial is invaluable both in pve AND pvp situations, especially if you spec into the immunity factor.

1 Like