I wasn't aware the San'layn were helping us

So I’ve always been a Horde player first and foremost, but I also like to play an Ally toon every expansion and see the story from their point of view. When doing the Alliance war campaign, I was pretty surprised to see that the San’layn were suddenly in league with the Horde. I wasn’t at all aware of this development. Am I forgetting something from the Horde War campaign where we strike a deal with those weird bloody dudes?? Is it ever made known to the Horde player that they’re our allies now, or I guess is Sylvanas just employing them and keeping it lowkey?

That is because we pwned them before they could do much, other than totally fail. Well they did look cool killing that no name gnome!

They sort of just appeared. They were unemployed and Sylvanas gave them a chance. It wasn’t a major secret, Rokhan and Talanji interacted with them during the campaign. But the Alliance killed them all so it’s already over.

I didn’t know you guys didn’t see them in your WC story line. They don’t play a huge part in ours but it basically makes it out like they are trying to prove their worth so Sylvanas would allow them to join. This was their chance to prove their value to the Horde.

Yeah, this is why I was confused. AFAIK they didn’t show up once in our war campaign. I didn’t sign up to have those weirdos on my side, so I was like…ew.

2 Likes

Well your welcome, we basically ensured that their chances of joining are slightly better than Sylvanas being WC next expansion. Considering the threads around here asking for them to be added as an allied race, I just assumed that you guys had some interaction with them in your WC as well.

Unless you do the Horde Campaign, you would never know that the Horde invaded Tirasgarde Sound and were trying to take over the Nowington Estate.

Two completely different stories with pieces that don’t line up with each other.

1 Like

I’m a Horde only player but wanted the Horde war campaign mount so had to make and play an Alliance toon. It only appears in Alliance story for some reason. On the Horde side you never see nor hear about them being given a shot. And I think the deal was they could join the Horde if they did some task, which I think the Alliance player foils.

They have got to be the coolest elves imo. Gnome dunk ftw, lol. But I don’t think they killed them all since there are still two Blood Princes unaccounted for. Plus, we don’t know if there is a Blood King out there somewhere like Ice Crown or if Bolvar has some hand in making new ones since Lich King Arthas made them originally. Too many unknowns right now pertaining to San’layn. Would be kind of sad to not give Horde some vampire race to counter Alliance werewolves tbh.

2 Likes

No, you didn’t miss it. It appears there are details that come out when you do the Alliance war campaign.

Wait what?!? I didn’t know that, damn they really should have had the WC play off one another. Hell I didn’t even know they attacked that place.

This was need to know information and the Speakers of the Horde did not need to know. I’m sorry that Alliance Emmisaries just have higher security clearances than the Speakers. It’s a matter of protocol, nothing personal. I hope you understand.

1 Like

Don’t make me get the Blood Princes to pop you like they popped your friend into some yummy Gnome stew.

Well with fanfiction level writing it’s not helping matters at all. like how does Ashvane from being on slyvannis ship to suddenly being in League with the Naga.

1 Like

well, Ashvane DID had a Kraken helping her during the Siege of Borallus…

It wasn’t ever stated that they all failed, nor that they were all killed off.

We see nothing of it on the Hordeside aside from them being friendly, green, if we go explore the ship before and after it’s sunk. But people keep saying they all were destroyed, which isn’t confirmed and just an assumption. That post explains more in detail the thought process.

2 Likes