I was horrified, the mount dies too in an assault?

I was killing 7th Legion during an assault yesterday, and for the first time, I fought a 7th legion that was mounted. I was horrified when the horse was killed also. Most mounted NPCs when killed die alone and the mount disappears. Why do you have to show dead horses???

I’m not a horse lover, but I thought letting the horse die was just wrong. Anyone agree with me on this?

[Title edited by Forum Moderator: Please review the Code of Conduct we have available as a guide for forum use to prevent any future action. This title was edited to have more context.]

15 Likes

Sad.

:cry:

1 Like

It’s war kid.

14 Likes

You’re sad the horse died, but not the person?

42 Likes

Horses are innocent. The Person chose to be there.

25 Likes

I’m all for killing them if they attack or if they are a quest as that’s part of the game, but … There was no honor in this.

3 Likes

It’s a video game?

The horse didn’t really die because he never existed in the first place.

40 Likes

You shot hoof-boy in the face!

You’re a monster.

8 Likes

My war is against the Alliance, not their mounts.

8 Likes

That is totally true. I’ve just never seen the mounts die before and it was more a shock than anything.

1 Like

Lots of animals get killed in this game. Some hostile, others aren’t.

8 Likes

Yet collecting 10 bear asses for a quest is ok?

31 Likes

I don’t know that I’d call that horrifying. We have dead bodies impaled by spears, ghost children singing creepy songs, etc. Not to mention we kill animals at an alarming rate in this game - Nesingwary quests alone put quite a dent in the local fauna.

Wolf mounts sometimes get killed when fighting Horde since they also attack. Other times mounts just vanish or ride off as rider dismounts. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason.

4 Likes

Questing is different. They are supposed to die. Thinning the herd.

Yes, but it was just a first time surprise that a non-attacking mount died… that I could remember, anyhow.

Did you get PTSD from it? I hear people can sue for that now a days.

3 Likes

hahaha no not this time.

The horse was an accessory toward attempted murder on your life. Sounds like he had it coming.

7 Likes

I was horrified

What ever you do, don’t pick-up skinning as a profession.

11 Likes

We kill so much stuff I’m not sure I’d even notice tbh haha

I agree it’s sad but I think it also reflects the reality of war. Horses were killed in battles in RL. One way to get the rider to the ground and in a more vulnerable position.

2 Likes