I want to transfer to Moon Guard

Hey everyone, not sure if this is a post I should be making, if it breaks the rules or something, but I need your advice.
I play horde and I’ve been playing on Area 52 for quite a while now, but it’s now basically a boosting realm, you don’t see interactions or anything, at all, it’s just people selling runs and boosts and it gets kind of boring
I’ve rped in the past, on Moon Guard aswell, but I’ve done it like, twice? So I am not very experienced, I really do want to do it, and enjoy it, while also doing some PVE, most people are telling me that the place to go for RP and an active community is WRA, but Moon Guard community is so nice on the alliance, and I’m wondering if this will apply to the horde too… thanks for your time reading this.

why not level a character there and keep that one on A52?

it’s the perfect time to level alts and shadowlands kinda encourages it.

2 Likes

No bias or nothing, but I’ve transferred my Ally toons off MG because I’ve had more fun Horde side. C’mon over, and join the fun. It’d be more fun if we could fly around Silvermoon City for some personal fun time in private area’s in WoW best city.

Moon Guard Horde is pretty small so although it is a nice community is quite niche.

If you want to RP Horde I would honestly recommend to at least give WRA a try as you will find it much more populated and with a lot more variety of RP. Still the Moon Guard Horde community is not bad, is pretty small but I have only heard good things about them.

1 Like

Might seem weird me encouraging from a WRA character but I have Horde toons on both MG and WRA. Its all fun!

1 Like

Nope, there are very few Horde on Moon Guard. Maybe their RP is active but again, more numbers usually relates to more quality and more types of RP you are keen on. Definitely recommend having a look to see how it is but WRA is absolutely more developed on Horde side. If you want to go Alliance, Moon Guard is far more RP and far better from what I know. Less elitism and less serious RP as well.

Indeed for NA it is known that WRA is for Horde RP, MG is for Alliance. A lot of people troll and screw around on MG but there is actual RP on it as well.

1 Like

MG Horde basically doesn’t exist. If you wanna RP on Alliance and have more free form RP in the form of walk-ups, MG’s the place to go. If you’re looking for Horde RP, WRA’s the place to go, but it’s much more gated behind guilds as opposed to being as open as Alliance is. Both servers have their problems.

2 Likes

I never tried WRA, because I kept hearing is much more elitist in regards to RP, and I kinda want to experience it and learn it, but… like, I really don’t want to ruin the experience of other players while trying to learn how to RP properly lol

1 Like

Honestly I’ve never run into the elitest side personally, but that might be down to luck.

Honestly WRA might be bigger, but both servers seem to have fun Horde RP. MG has a Horde focused Sparring tournament at the last friday night of each month for example. While on WRA I once ran into a Goblin Shaman in training who my character managed to accidentally help through Hearthstone Analogues. You find all sorts of fun on RP servers.

2 Likes

My advice for you, OP, is to transfer to Wyrmrest Accord if you plan on doing Horde RP.

Both servers are fantastic, but Horde tends to populate WRA RP while Alliance populates MG RP.

With that said, you’ll find good RP either way. Good luck :heart:

5 Likes

I have a female dwarf named thiccky on moonguard and she only has one purpose.

2 Likes

WRA is not “for Horde” only.
We have a rather large Alliance population as well. Not Moon Guard’s size, but still bigger than most servers.

This mindset is getting so annoying.

3 Likes