Edit- ignore this pointless post

Is xpoff / reduced allowed in random bgs ?

I’d like an answer to this question from Blizzard support.

Is it okay to use the work around and get the best possible gear and enter a bg over and over with your xpoff vs other players who have xp on?

If it’s something that you have to ""use a “workaround” to accomplish, then that would be an exploit.

Just a heads-up too, it’s frowned upon to ask for a blue.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Not really, if people are doing it, they should be reported for exploiting.

Then may I suggest you answer other posts about the same topic or make a pinned thread with an explanation as to why its allowed to continue.

i’m sorry if its frowned upon but if there was a bit more communication about the topic, people wouldn’t request a blue reply.

Uh, I’m a player, same as you. Though I am currently answering other threads, that is neither here nor there. That was just a screen cap from the stickied thread to try and offer proof and explanation of why you shouldn’t be signaling for an SFA.

5 Likes

Things that may be against the rules are not “allowed” to continue. Blizzard does not actively look for rules violations, except in the most egregious situations (botting/gold selling/illegal activity/etc).

If you know someone doing something against the rules, then report them. That is the fastest way to bring it to Blizzard’s attention.

5 Likes

Ive reported the same hunter for 3 months.

hes still playing

They do nothing,

Its okay though.

I understand theyre still short staffed ( for 3 years )

A couple things here. First, that someone is “still playing” is not surprising. Blizzard does not permanently ban someone for a first (or second, or sometimes, tenth) offense. Each time there’s a rules violation, they get a stiffer penalty.

Another thing to consider is that they really aren’t breaking any rules. Reporting does not mean they are automatically going to action someone.

If it was really “ok”, then you wouldn’t be here demanding a Blue response.

This really doesn’t have anything to do with their staffing level. You report someone, and they investigate. The results of that investigation is between them and Blizzard. Some people don’t take punishments seriously, and continue doing what they’re doing. Some reports are not rules violations.

Keep reporting them, if you would like. But Blizzard is not going to tell you what happened to another account. Nor are they going to fast track a report through the forums.

10 Likes

Sarcasm.

it’s not okay but todays game doesn’t care about player experience or the injustice that plagues the battlegrounds.

I know this because it keeps happening every single day.

I’m sick of it and nobody seems to care.

Sorry, this is not a place for gaining sympathy by being overly dramatic and hysterical like this.

If they didn’t care, then there wouldn’t have been a massive ban wave from AFKing in AV recently.

All you can do is report. Posting here will not get it looked at any faster, or any harsher. Report and move on with your life.

5 Likes

Well today im bringing attention to the issue via this post.

I did what was suggested and reported over and over but saw zero results.

Now that it’s out and about, we may as well address the issue.

Thanks

They do, but it is very useful to keep in mind what they consider an acceptable experience can and often will be different to what we or you think

I think personally I have wonderful ideas how to improve the game! But just because I think everyone would love every race to be replaced with a different type of gnome, including the infamous half-dragon half-gnome full-awesome-anime-protagonist race doesn’t mean everyone else is going to think so
Sorry for being slightly facetious but at the end of the day, if you report 'em, and nothing happens to them (which you can’t actually know) … then all you can do is to keep on reporting them if you think they are violating a rule, if they don’t, nothing happens, if they are found to be doing that, you won’t ever know

2 Likes

It is not bringing any attention to the issue. The only way to bring attention to it is reporting.

Correct. And you will see zero results. Because any account actions are between Blizzard and that player. You’re not going to see a lightning bolt from the sky, nor will you be told what steps they’ve taken.

11 Likes

It is also possible what you think they are doing might not be the case when blizard looks at what is going on. You will never know because they do not notify people say thank you for the report but you where incorrect thank you.