I thought Rank 3 essences were BoA to send to your alts

But you have to get the currency on your alts? I do most of the stuff on my main, which would make sense to get the essences to send to your alts. Why is it like this?

2 Likes

If you’re not running anything at all on your alts… then why do you need rank 3 essences on them?

9 Likes

It makes playing your alts in challenging content easier to manage – it doesn’t, however, make them trivial to manage.

1 Like

It would take longer for altaholics to have to farm for the currency on their main, I’m currently sitting at around 400 Echoes on 12 alts and bought a rank 3 essence on two of them.

They explained it in the stickied post:

Op’s logic is so backwards its triggering me

4 Likes

That’s not the concern. Back in legion we could purchase (or get a random class token after getting all that classes legos) a BoA random token to then send to alts.

So why isn’t there something like this now.

1 Like

OP asked for the reasoning for why they made essences obtainable the way they are. To which I linked the response for.

They didn’t say anything about Legion.

It’s not and you’re wrong. Sending stuff to alts is what the game has been about forever.

2 Likes

Why are people against making it like the OP thought it would be?

Does it hurt you that much to have folks’ alts be a bit more competitive?

3 Likes

They might respond and tell you why they did it the way it has been done and give you a direct answer but I would not hold my breath if I were you.

Granted I have a couple of toons I play more than others and it would be nice to be able to send essences from those to other alts but…Blizz wants you to spend more time playing and doing stuff to get echoes even if it is stuff you don’t want to do anymore or don’t even like doing as long as you are doing it and padding the time played metrics they will be happy whether you are or not.

This does make them a bit more competitive.

Why does it hurt you so much to have to do the slightest bit of work on an alt?

2 Likes

Yes it would make them more competitive sooo…
Are you afraid of the competition?
If you get random groups do you not want people who are better equipped to handle the task at hand?
Do you not like people who have alts who like playing them a little bit of a higher level?

Venenum nor Pipi said anything about not having to work for the essences.

1 Like

And I said this change literally makes them more competitive.

I don’t care who said anything about not having to work for essences. No one said they don’t want alts more competitive.

Nice assumption.

That about sums it up for folks like you though.

2 Likes

Why are you allowed to throw out assumptions, but others can’t?

Does being hypocritical “about sum it up for folks like you though”?

1 Like

Yes you did say it would make them more competitive but your statement above seemed a little antagonistic to me.

I was responding to an antagonistic statement in kind.

That makes it sound like you just wanted to start an argument

Echoes are super easy to get on an alt.

Especially if they’re freshly leveled, since they’re all coming from content you should be doing anyways.

Even if your alt never does M+, Raiding or PvP, you should be able to easily pick them up simply by doing emissaries, invasions and the occasional vision.