I thought AV was going to be the old school one...really disappointed

I hadn’t been following much of the updates to classic WoW, but I just played an AV and it ended in less than 15 minutes. I’m just really disappointed because this is exactly the same AV as retail. Why didn’t Blizzard actually do the one that was in Vanilla for the majority of its lifespan?. Really really sad right now.

6 Likes

They specifically said they would be using 1.12 av and there was numerous threads against them releasing this version.

Blizzard literally told you back in January they intended to do 1.12 AV. HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW TILL TODAY?

6 Likes

shocked pikachu face lmfao

1 Like

It’s honestly shocking to me how many people defend blizzard on this. Anybody who thinks run SIM 2019 AVs is fun…i just… i don’t know. Regardless of what they said in January why are people so dead set on defending this horrible pvp experience just because it was blizzards decision?

8 Likes

And it’s honestly shocking, to me, how uninformed the player base is. How can any of you (generally speaking) not do research to ensure Blizz was going to do Classic “right”? How can anybody just blindly accept Blizz to cater to just your (generally speaking) wants and desires, when there are other types of players with their own interpretation of what Classic is “supposed” to be like? There were explicit details on when things were going to be released and which version we were getting. Like, I really don’t understand how anybody could’ve missed any of this information that was readily available, at your fingertips, if you you (generally speaking) only took like 2 seconds of research :cocktail:

1 Like

Whether it’s fun or not is completely subjective. Who is defening blizzard? People are just giving you the facts. We knew this AV was coming. I know that hurts your heart to hear but we did. Get over it.

We got 1.12 AV. No changes. Enjoy.

Blizzard gave us the AV that was in 1.12, which is the Vanilla reference client on which Classic is based. It sucks, but it’s authentic.

I found the rock you are living under!

This AV plan was announced and public knowledge for a very long time.

retail player mindset is ruining classic.

1 Like

Way back then I complained about it and told them not to do. Then I logged off the forums and did other things. Forgot about it until today. Pissed all over again and done with Blizz on this one.

2 Likes

let your voice be heard

(Give us our legendary AV back. sign this petition)

They are blatant trolls. But since they (faux) support a blizzard decision, they are not getting forum vacations.

The ironic part is that Blizzard re released what was pretty much a 1 to 1 copy of the old school AV about a month ago for retail, the one with Korrak in it. They have no legit reason to not have included that version in Classic if they could do it for retail.

1 Like

Let’s get the original AV back!