I refuse to acknowledge BFA as an expansion

Sub is finally good again in Shadowlands which is great. It should have never gotten to this point though. Blizzard should never have made my beloved specialization garbage in the first place. Made it into some kind of “shadow ninja” spec and ruined the legacy of the rogue. It made way for the 5 button spec assassination to take over.

From this post onwards, i will never recognize or refer to battle for azeroth ever again. I will not recognize it as an expansion, or something that I played. I have lobotomized myself. I will not allow blizzard to get away with any positive feedback for that horrible expansion with a single memory of it. They destroyed rogues by making the stupid meme pirate outlaw spec. They destroyed subtlety into a terrible shadow dance spam spec that did no damage. They destroyed assassination from being the “bursty” spec into the massively overpowered melee warlock dot spec.

I hate BFA with all of my being and will never legitimize it. After this post, it’s dead to me and I will never talk about it again. Every developer at blizzard should be ashamed.

3 Likes

May Battle for Abilities be lost into the toilet bowl of history. Amen. :100: :fire: :thinking:

I’m glad you got that off your chest. While we are sharing random facts on the internet, my high school mascot was a wolverine.

4 Likes

Not so radical here, I still very love rogue class, but I think that after years passing, rogue, my favorite class, has lost most of it uniqueness, passing it to other new classes, and become a weaker shadow of its former glory.

Yesterday if you wanted to stay in stealth and keep your distance, nothing could change that. Also thanks to that, rogues was very, very dangerous when they attack from stealth, thank to hard hits ambush, evi, and even when they fail to kill, dots prolonged the threat of death. Often after 1-2 approches, especially non platers, were mostly dead.

Today you rather can’t hide in stealth for long when DH is near (or you must use your vanish / sprint to get reset), if you can’t afford to have top end gear you must be in a larger, groupthinking team to deal rather sure killing after killing (bgs, world PvP), solo attacking is rather biting the enemy a couple of times, before he’s dead instead of 1-2, even 3 approches… Meh :slight_smile:

Rogues lose their claws, and give their all-knowed outperformence to monks or dhs.

Don’t give me wrong, yes they deal damage… But I feel now closer to survival hunter. To make the same effect f.ex. a monk do, you must put a lot more effort to it, and it would be super cool and ok, I play rogue, effort must be here, but this is simply not so fun and fast rewarding effort like once was (mostly escape to not be killed).