I really wish corruption was never a thing

I don’t mind corruption and didn’t mind warforging. It’s something to putter with and any bonus is a good thing. I think the trouble is people overlook the bonus part and dwell on that it’s not the RIGHT bonus.

With warforging some folks worried too much about what others might get than what they too could get out of it. The replay value of warforging made just about all content relevant, that in itself made it worth while. I would have thought for everyone but that was not the case, I guess too many people benefited.

1 Like

I did not like their implementation of kiss/curse. If they didn’t want us to use that much corruption, they should have just set a limit where we could use X corruption, increasing each week. I will NOT miss the thing from beyond! Hahaha!

1 Like

Yes, because getting people to run old LFRs so new people can experience the content was so bad. Amirite?

So Blizzard has stated that they do not like people having to sim to know when a piece is better and yet with corruption you would have almost no idea without simming. We even got to a point where pieces with good corruptions could be better then pieces 50IL higher. That is just stupid.

1 Like

This was actually one of the good things to come out of that system. I cant tell you how many guildies that would normally never do heroic raids that were given the opportunity because a few of the mythic raiders wanted to try for upgrades. There were even a few that were talked into a carry, because they feared the backlash of doing something wrong (past experiences), and ended up becoming regulars to the heroic runs.

I did say it was broken lol, but that’s what made it hilarious.

I agree! When I have 20-30 over my resistance I hate how the blue crap messes with my mogs.

1 Like

Yeah corruption is more for ARPG games than WoW. There you can have crazy power jumps and random effects. In WoW people play together, and such power gaps based on luck are never good.

Blizzard: It seems people don’t like randomness in the Gearing system.

Also Blizzard: Here’s a random proc that will do more damage than your entire rotation, DPS cooldowns included.

Just sit in the 20-39 range since it seems to be bugged compared to 1-19 and 40+, lols!

On a serious note, wasn’t a big fan of corruption on 8.3 release. The “choose your power” stuff they added was a great touch and I think helped mitigate a lot of the RNG frustration around it. Personally if they’d had that at 8.3 launch I think the system is fine as a one-patch wonder. Five ranks of Twilight Devastation is something I find fun when it mows down packs.

I agree and it got worse with the vendors being on rotations LOL What were they thinking?

corruptions absolutely DECIMATED all forms of pvp.
on top of that, corruption stacking should have never been allowed.

just all around bad. I’m very happy it’s all going away in the prepatch

1 Like

Bah I just wanted item to drop off of rare’s, bosses, dungeons and loot boxes that when used on some gear would randomly warforge it. Just make that item soulbound and then let all other loot be tradeable.

And when we move on to new content take that item off the loot list and transfer it over to the new content.

That woulda worked just as well.

Titanforging made me want to redo content because the chance of a nice upgrade was fun. Corruption made me stop playing because being punished for getting a upgrade was not fun.

1 Like

a lot of bad players who got one shot by TD in this thread

How? We get to pick and choose now and not be stuck with that 425 ring that had the proper corruption. Have to wait 10 days? Farm up more echoes.

All of these “force-you-to-play-for-our-metrics” systems suck, tbh.

1 Like

Agreed. Corruption was just awful and should’ve never been implemented.
Titanforging was a better system (and even that was a pretty bad system anyway).

Corruption is awful for PvP, I can get behind that. They should have left it disabled in rated PvP at least.

For PvE I still no longer have qualms about it except that they should have added them to MOTHER months earlier so people had more time to deal with the silly rotation.

1 Like

Time saved =/= fun. I’d rather take 5 minutes to kill a mob rather than 2 seconds if it means more fun.

1 Like