I really do miss

Waterwalking with the Azure Strider.

Sure, our mains were given WW on all mounts to compensate, but our newer toons don’t have that luxury.

“But why don’t you just buy the WW saddle?” I wouldn’t have to if Blizzard hadn’t taken away the Azure Strider effects (or any other water mount). I just don’t want to spend thousands of gold on any new toon I create just to have something I already had.

$.02 (just throwing it in there)

10 Likes

I am right there with you. Just came back to the game in November after a long break, was playing on an alt in Thermore to level and pulled out the strider only to have it swimming and was quite confused for a bit. Looking into the reasoning behind it I just don’t get it, the worried about rarity thing is just over done.

3 Likes

I use the fishing raft on new alts. It’s very convenient.

4 Likes

strong agree.

5 Likes

We talkin’ bout the nothing strider?
They took away it’s ability, could at least rename it to something more fitting.
Speakin’ of mount names that don’t fit… This “Jade” rabbit thing isn’t jade at all. Wouldn’t sapphire be the right choice?
:dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

One of the funnier renaming controversies you just reminded me of in the game, the old Maine the forums don’t like this word Cat, which is now the Black Tabby.

2 Likes

For me, not being dismounted by everything is more important than water walking.

4 Likes

“Meaningful choice” and “effort matters” turned into “blizzard’s choice” and “only current effort matters.”

All of the time spent earning the strider disregarded and made pointless. As is other time. And they can’t figure out why some consider their game shallow, out of touch, and disrespectful of the players’ time.

3 Likes

Today’s thought market gives that a value of about tree fiddy.

2 Likes

It had to change.

Because “walking on water” was retconned to be some sort of supremely unique ability that can only happen at the place where creation began.

+rolls eyes+

1 Like

I dont know all my mounts have Anglers’ Water Striders … so im not sure what your talking about

I see through your avatar!

You ain’t gettin no tree fiddy from me, ya Lochness Monster!

1 Like

It’s not about the mounts, but alts.

If you had the azure strider (or any mount that could water walk) before the saddles were implemented, then those toons would have all of their mounts adorned with Angler’s.

But the toons after the implementation, don’t have Angler’s, that’s what I’m getting at.

1 Like

the item is BOA you can send it to your alts

1 Like

Am I misremembering or didn’t Blizz try to explain it away by telling us mount gear was going to be this new, exciting system that they were going to keep building. Have we had any new saddles or mount gear since it was created?

I’ll have to check on that, if you’re right, I might just have to revise my OP.

Sadly they haven’t done anything with saddles.

It is… go check on your mounts window says it right there bind on account, go buy it and send it to your alts

Wait, what??? My characters all had to get the mount equipment when they took it off the striders. And I have TWO water striders.

What are the choices, don’t get dazed or walk on water? Is there even anything else? Lol.

I’m sorry, but with a system like that mounts should be double-jumping, zooming through water, allowing underwater breathing, going super fast, riding up walls/mountains, allowing ground mounts to fly…

1 Like