I Que up for BGs with 256ilvl Alliance alt

My main is a Horde by the way

2 Likes

The only players that care don’t understand what scaling is.

5 Likes

yea my HP is still 73k tho

1 Like

Scaling is only partial; gear still matters.

7 Likes

You are getting hit for way less than someone who has higher ilvl, and also dealing more damage to compensate. I see lots of undergeared on both sides who do well.

I queued up with my brand new DH at last night at sub-300 ilevel. I wasn’t jumping into the thick of things and pushing the front line, but I was certainly able to make a positive impact for my side. Abusing Spectral Sight I was able to pop out at least a dozen rogues/Druids that thought they were being sneaky, and was able to hold nodes just long enough for the cavalry to arrive.

2 Likes

My warrior hit 343 ilvl in the first day of being 120.

8.1 blizz is throwing gear at you.

2 Likes

Stupid spectral sight…

4 Likes

I didn’t say that. I’m referring to the scaling deniers that plague the forum with false facts.

4 Likes

My Druid has an ilvl of 283.

https:// imgur. com/a/1YpyR3D

1 Like

That’s on you for being lazy.

I’m just showing gear isn’t as important as some claim.

Cyberg is an alt that I’ll gear eventually.

It’s certainly not, main pieces that matter is azerite.

Even if your spec doesn’t have an op trait that you should stack *3 the defensive traits are amazing.

Went into an AV on a fresh 120 balance druid with around 60K health and topped damage for a good bit of it. But, the survivability wasn’t really there.

Seems like the damage potential is there without good gear, particularly for casters who can use other people as a protective barrier with good positioning.

It all falls apart when you get people on you though. That meshes with my experience of killing low item level people very easily. They just don’t have the survivability that higher item level players have (in part because of azerite powers).

The scaling system certainly goes a long way toward balancing things out between poorly-geared and well-geared players. However, as many of us have come to experience, if you are very poorly geared (under 100k health), you simply will not perform or survive as well as better-geared players.

As a poorly-geared player, you certainly have the option/right to enter BGs and contribute whatever you can toward the win. However, as someone who waited to enter BGs until I had gotten to heroic dungeon level, it’s very frustrating to repeatedly go into random BGs with 25 to 35% of the players under 100k health and lose.

I can’t fairly claim that we would lose solely because of the low overall ilvl of our side. There are other factors, such as teamwork, strategy, and inexperience. But trying to win a BG is hard enough against the Horde, who are typically better geared and better teammates overall, let alone trying to win with many under-geared players on our side.

However, seeing all these under-geared teammates only heightens my frustration when all I want to do is get my conquest for the day, but I just can’t win even one BG in 8, especially since it is really easy to get to heroic dungeon ilvl (330 I think).

So, if you are under-geared and want to enter a random BG, I can’t stop you. In fact I have come to expect it. However, I would recommend you consider that your chances of success in BGs (and earning loot boxes and Conquest gear) will greatly improve if you gear up first in random dungeons, which will yield more gear more quickly than repeatedly losing BGs. Once you are at heroic dungeon level, you will still probably be on the lower end of the ilvl spectrum, but at least you have a better chance of success.

And your teammates will be more likely to accept you and work with you, rather than write you off as an easy kill and leave you to your own fate.

1 Like

Unless Blizzard nerfs them, then eliminates them entirely, as happened to me with Azerite fortification. Now I’m stuck with a bunch of pieces that aren’t what I chose.

That said, health is part of what is only partially scaled and thus does matter, and it doesn’t primarily come from Azerite traits. And of course ilvl matters for Azerite gear too.

I was running around on my monk with 75k hp for a bit and I felt squishier once I got to 340 item level.