I noticed something

For the first time I noticed both Allie & Horde players in War Mode just doing their own things and not trying to kill each other every minute.

This is kinda refreshing and nice.

Just a random thought, have a good one.

Blasphemy!!! I will just have to see that a little chaos happens tonight.

1 Like

As soon as they hit 70 and can get a group together

Yeah, I am enjoying this peace and quiet while it last.

That’s antithetical to WPvP, but it is no less what Blizzard has given as gifts to the community. I hate to say this, but I’ve heard that “Hello Kitty Island Adventure” is also refreshing and nice, heh.

Meet me in the middle for Classic Cata and I’ll show you a good one! Haha. But that’s the thing. What you consider “refreshing and nice” is what is by best consensus considered DEAD. What did Tacitus say about deserts? Someone help me remember that quote.

You’re living in the “Fallout universe” of WoW WPvP. It’s post-apocalyptia: nothing but old relics of the past and “ghouls” after the bombs fell. A new generation of “survivors” might spring up but that depends on whether Blizz is going to do another expansion(an old rumor suggested this is the last Retail expansion). I reckon that by now, any true WPvP enthusiasts has…“wandered away” to other things outside of WoW or in Classic Wrath. But did we think they would just migrate back to established PvE/PvP instanced content?

1 Like

I see your point brother, I mean what’s the point of WPvP if we ain’t killing each other and feeling the adrenaline rush? I could very well be talking out of my butt here as I am an amateur in the world of PvP.

Would you consider yourself as a true WPvP enthusiast? If it is as dead as you said, then what is keeping you from leaving?

Tbh, each to their own, we all enjoy different aspects of wow. This game may not be perfect but it’s a game where you can literally do/ be whatever you want as long as no one else is bothered by it. Hell, I would play “Hello Kitty Island Adventure” to death if they have sick mogs and fluid combat system like they do here.

I would definitely like to try out classic one day. If I do, you better be showing me a good time my brother haha.

1 Like

For some reason most expansions have an understood ceasefire while people level until about day 3 when the max level guys start camping the starter zones and then you have a hell for about an hour then a week then phasing will appear.

It’s quite cool IMO.

The unwritten rule/ mutual agreement give me that sense of close knit community on here. Especially for a semi-new player like myself.

1 Like

I left it in 9.2. Perhaps the question really is, “What is keeping me from returning to Retail?”

I saw what was already happening in SL, but then Blizzard came out with crossfaction functionality in 9.2 and I saw the writing on the wall there. So instead of ganking each other, we’re queuing up in [PvE] groups together. Not to mention that it was pulling teeth to get any WPvP action in the cities. Even holiday events like Brewfest didn’t stay fresh. Funnily that I practically emptied my Normal sharding of Ironforge Brewfest last year, and I had to try to goad more people into PvP with WM off.

DF needed to bring back WPvP, despite that Blizzard decided that’s not what the community really wanted. But Blizz has never failed to receive criticism for giving something people wanted or asked for and it turns out wrong. I was actually hopeful until they started nerfing open-world content. The pillar humpers and honor buddies will be satisfied, I guess.

One important thing: an auctioneer in the sanctuary hub in Dragon Isles. That literally means there’s no reason to find max levels(which award Honor) in a place you can gank. Because they’ll be between there and instances. It’s literally desert peace.

Not that simple when people are bothered that you don’t actually progress and engage in the true endgame content. It’s one of the biggest reasons ganking is loathed; because it benefits nobody. If you haven’t already gotten hardcapped you’re being bad. Or you’re not spending enough time helping out others. Group-oriented players hate individual players doing their own thing(it’s unambitious).

All that’s needed for WPvP to exist is a flightless localized questing area, akin to Shadowlands’ Maw, or MoP’s Timeless Isle. That’s all that’s ever been required.

Dragonflight as yet doesn’t have that, and given a major selling point of the expansion is dragon riding, I’m skeptical of whether it ever will. So… WPvP is probably dead for the expansion.

The paltry two PvP WQs per day may as well not exist. I see virtually no one at them (yet). It’s sad. Also, one of the daily “PvP” quests is literally just an elite PvE quest, nothing PvP-oriented about it.

3 Likes

You notice how we’re not really taking anything away from PvE people and instanced PvP people? Unfortunately the latter hasn’t gotten much in the way of novelty. When was the last time a new BG came out?

WPvP has always been a take-it-or-leave-it, not a take-it-or-die. But you can only spend your precious time in one place and if that one place is not inside an instance, you’re letting everyone else down. Blizz did us really dirty here.

100% this.

Without a doubt they have been turning a blind eye on PvP and only focus on Mythic & Raid. I mean I have yet to see any live PvP competitions that’s equivalent to Mythic Dungeon International.

Even as a new player you can’t help but notice that they really don’t give a flying F about PvP. It would make a hell of a difference if they would spend even just a little bit of time to fine tune PvP content.

1 Like

It could be the case that any enterprising PvPer would have found greener pastures of competition besides a game that’s just about to enjoy the big 2-0. On that note, I don’t even know what the big PvP scene in terms of online play right now. PUBG? CS:GO?

That also means that any one we can respect as a GLADIATOR-level kind of player, chances are they wouldn’t exist here anymore. They’re going where the fairer and tougher competition is. I have to cite this because I’ve gotten criticism about my “zero” ratings(technically it would just be unrated/valueless as I practically didn’t touch the stuff at all, and what if I was being a smurf anyway?), despite that I’ve been very outspoken about the boosting corruption and how Blizzard refuses to be Johnny on the spot for class/spec balance. My reasons were my own but I wouldn’t bother getting a rating(that proves jack-all about true skill and accomplishment) I could just outright BUY if I know where to find the SELLERS.

That’s my thesis on why Blizzard doesn’t care: probably because no one else in online gaming cares or they do care much more about non-Blizzard game PvP. It’s either a necessity and/or an excuse to stop caring about making the PvP in this game worth it.

“He thinks he’s good because he plays Rogue and how embarrassing OP they are atm.” --IdrA, probably

Such won’t fly in esports lol. But I’m with you there as a “ranged Rogue”. Some of us don’t care to be esportsmen and I’m one. Those who take competition seriously, particularly those who want to try and make a living doing it, don’t like unfairness for long. If Retail WoW ever had a time in its history, that time has long been spent.

I thrived on said unfairness, which is technically not unfairness. In WPvP a win is a win and red is dead: those are the two laws I have ganked and been counter-ganked thereby. I’ve spent many hours of ghost runs too. And yea, Rogues are hard to gank but HvR is one of the most exciting cat-and-mouse games you can get(but I try not to agitate overgeared ones that may look AFK).

WPvP is the best PvP because it’s not about cookie-cutter comp and map strategies. Esoterically it’s more than class, spec, and gear. It’s most about psychology and how you use what you got to MASTER the 1vN. And there’s not much in quantification, though some gankers are famous/infamous. I’ve been infamous for terrorizing Stormwind and Ironforge, insomuch that people have reported me.

Goodness, I miss the hunt.

1 Like