I noticed something about Ineffable Truth, and wanted to conjure up an M+ Destro template

Build: The Ineffable Cataclysm.

Class: Warlock.

Spec: Destruction.

Talents: Flashover, Reverse Entropy, Burning Rush OR Dark Pact, Cataclysm, Flexible, Grimoire of Supremacy, Flexible/Whatever Sims Higher. (1123?2?)

Azerite: Flexible. I’d have to ask you to sim this part.

Essences: Vision of Perfection or Memory of Lucid Dreams as both Major and Minor, Breath of the Dying, Focusing Iris.

Corruption: Enough instances of Ineffable Truth R1 and Expedient R3 that the ratio between Cataclysm and Conflagration is ~1:1 in terms of time spent not casting either. Currently it’s ~3:1 base.

Description: Pumping out Cataclysms to bolster the Lucid Dreams/Soul Conduit Rain of Fires, this build, in theory, sounds great for Mythic+.

What in the hell are you trying to say?

1 Like

That’s a fair amount of theorycrafting but in reality, as said a few times here, RoF is too weak a spell to rely on for a whole dungeon (even stacked uses). Plus ineffable truth is an indirect RNG proc meaning that when it procs nothing immediate happens and that’s a disadvantage for the hectic rhythms of M+ when corruptions like twilight devastation occupy top spots on dps meters.

Instead you have to wait for infernal to be off cd again. Imo the only real benefit of this corruption is the possibility of multiple cataclysms and havocs during a single trash pack.

Apart from that and on the concept of theorycrafting, I’d personally really like if multiple combinations of talent/essences/azerite/corruptions were viable so that the players could discover and use what suits best their playstyle.

Unfortunately Blizz intentionally made some of those way too strong in comparison and so we’re left with very little real choice although the potential combinations are countless. They apparently want the game to be as simple as possible and it’s no coincidence that almost all rotations are super easy and so many spells and abilities have been removed from the game.

Nevertheless I can understand that nowadays a subscription mmo has better chances of commercial success the closest it is to one click - hack’n’slash.

Tbf something like 3 Ineffable Truth 1s could let you maintain Rolling Havoc stacks. Tho prob still better off just stacking Expedient to the moon.