I never noticed how terrible the auction is

Title, basically. I’m posting glyphs this morning, and by the time I’m done posting, every single auction I have up has been undercut. Just for fun, I post something else; 30 sec later its undercut - all by 1c. It really seems like there are bots that do nothing but scan and post and repost things.

How is the retail auction better, if at all? Does it curtail this type of thing? If so, why didn’t we get that one instead of what seems to be an antiquated system?

Edit- I just finished posting all my auctions and EVERY SINGLE ONE has been undercut by 1 copper. Blizzard devs are just the worst. :stuck_out_tongue: I can’t beat automation.

1 Like

Ah addons automatically see the cost of competitive sellers and undercut 1 copper. So when you put your item in, it’s listing them like that instantly. Theres no way to prevent undercutting brother.

Yeah I guess. I think its the automation that seems pretty sketchy, but whatever. :frowning:

How is this blizzard devs fault?

If they have a working solution (i.e. the retail version of the auction) that wasn’t implemented in Classic (like the way they are implementing many, many other retail features) then yes, I believe the criticism is valid in this context.

If you don’t even know whether or not retail has a fix for this problem, then I don’t see how you can assert “blizz devs bad”.

Say what you will and I’m sure the classic “NO CHANGES” people will screech at the thought but.

Retail Auction House is better ten fold and I’d kill for it.

Okay so all I know is is that I posted over 200 auctions (glyphs, etc) and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was undercut by 1 copper within a minute of posting. I’m looking around and seeing the same level 1 alts that were there for 24 hours continuously not moving.

It sure seems to me that crap auction design and a lack of bot enforcement allows this to happen.

I think I’m just going to go ahead and crash the glyph market deliberately. :slight_smile:

Yep! I post and 30 sec later the auction bots are reposting. Gonna go ahead and crash the glyph market by dumping everything I have. Enjoy the cheap prices! :smiley:

There’s always bots(cheaters) and people who buy gold(also cheaters) in MMOs.
It’s double bad on WoW because Blizzard doesn’t do anything about it.

No, retail has the same issue. Our interface is better, but not in that area.

Nope. Especially at the start of a new expansion when certain items are being put up a lot, it’s going to happen.

You’re assuming automation.

Which ones automate this?

I’m well aware that I can use an addon through which to interface with the Auction House, and that I will be able to then post my items at a price under by 1 copper (or whatever other amount I wish to set my addon to use), but I’m not aware of any automation for alerting that my listings have been undercut nor for posting when it happens.

you know how much money they are making off bots now with the boosts you can buy. you think they care that your frostweave is getting undercut by 1 copper when it means they making 60 bucks or however much it is a pop. i think not. and i think bnet has already proven that they are more concerned with making money than making good game. and its even further proven by the fact that the best update they have made in 10 years was deleting 10 years worth of updates. good luck sorry your getting undercut

the days of bnet caring about the game being good ended when activision bought blizzard

this means there are no buyers and the item is overvalued.

list at a 25% lower price.

Theres a tab that show if your auctions have been undercut, which you can then use to cancel and repost and undercut them. I think i use auctioneer, whatever the popular one is.

This isn’t automation.

Correct, who said it was?

I just explained the notification system lol.

The OP stated:

I specifically asked

Right, and i said it’s not automated its a toggle on the addon cause it sounded like you didn’t even know that existed. I also told him its not automated, in the sense that it’s just a robot posting stuff the second he posts.

This might not be bots reposting auctions, because keep in mind, listing an auction costs money. If you were to repost to undercut by 1c each time someone undercut YOU, you’d be constantly losing out money really fast.

What the AH bots ACTUALLY do is scan for accidental lowball auctions where people accidentally miss a 0 in their listing and post something tor 10x less than its worth, and they instantly snipe it. Then they relist that for a normal price.