I need to pay for a chargeback

so I’ve been needing to pay for a chargeback and the live chat has been unavailable for me and 4 family/friends that have been trying to help me across windows, android, mac in both us and uk for 3 weeks now using safari, opera, chrome, and edge with popups enabled and have sent about 15+ tickets total saying the same thing about using the link at this time which we all have done… why am I paying for a sub when I can’t even play the game? will you reimburse me for the month I payed for nothing since I cannot play?

There’s another recent thread about people having difficulties with accessing Live Chat, myself included, so there is likely something else going on preventing people from being able to access it.

Some things that have helped, first and foremost, I’d suggest trying a VPN. There are plenty of VPN services that offer completely free trials too. Setup a VPN, try connecting to a different country, like the US, and see if that helps.

For me today, accessing the Live Chat from a mobile device (no WiFi) from a different city worked for some reason.

As for any reimbursement, you’d need to ask that via a ticket. That’s up to a GM to look at and see if you meet the criteria for free game time.

8 Likes

ye I’m in texas, 2 friends in uk not me, and cousin in NY and a friend in NJ, but I’ll try hopping around other states with a vpn, ty

Blizzard will only deal with you they wont deal with your friends. I dont even think the UK would work either since its a seperate region and they wouldnt deal with NA tickets unless necessary.

2 Likes

As others said, only YOU can put in a ticket about your account. They will not talk to anyone else on your behalf.

I am curious though, what is stopping you from playing the game?

5 Likes

no I know they wouldn’t deal with them, I just asked them to see if live chat was available and it wasn’t in any of those states/regions either

account locked due to chargeback, need to contact live chat to deal with it as the ticket gms tell me but live chat isn’t available

Ok thats fair it woudlnt be the first time someone tried to get somone to help on there behalf unfortunately its not just you id add ur voice to the other thread other then using a VPN there realy doesnt seem to be any other work arounds.

my account was locked from a chargeback, so literally that, but my sub is still ticking down

Well, if you authorize a payment or service and then receive it, then a charge back becomes fraud. You will have to pay back the money to gain access to the game or service again.

Again, there does seem to be an issue with Live Chat right now. I can’t access it either. Some have had success with VPNs, Changing browsers, using Private/Incognito mode, etc.

exactly, which is what I’m trying to do but cannot since live chat is unavailable, ticket gms say that live chat is the only way to sort that out

really wish there was just a button to like pay for the money you owe with other payment options, like my battle.net currency

Just to be clear though, Live Chat closed a little over 2 hours ago. You’ll need to keep an eye out tomorrow too and see if any of the tricks that seem to work for others will work for you too to get through.

1 Like

ye hopefully they will, soon to be a month of being locked out x.x ty

Out of curiosity, hqve you asked in your tickets from them to take it from your bnet balance?

It is open - and I’m showing it available at the moment.

I know this is frustrating, it is for us as well when it seems to just not show for some players.

There are a variety of things that can be tried, we’ve had mixed reports on all of them.

I’ve seen reports where a VPN was blocking access - and others where a VPN let it work.

Some security software, browser settings, popup blockers, etc., even other software that uses overlays can sometimes be the culprit.

Trying a different browser or device is also something that might help.

5 Likes

I just wanted to add to what Perl was saying, there is an issue with Love Chat–edit errr LIVE Chat, tried everything suggested for a month(and i do mean EVERYTHING,lol), and it never showed as available even when the CS reps here said it was for them.

I even did the same as the OP, had friends in other states try, and they encountered the same behavior.

So trust me , they are aware of the issue(with Live Chat). but Orlyra is right , it really could be anything, and just because nothing worked for me or Perl, it might for someone else.

1 Like

Interestingly enough, I managed to get it to work on my main PC today after connecting it to my phone’s hotspot and by using Firefox (Chrome still didn’t like it).

yah i caught that, im glad to hear,luckily my issues I needed it for seem to be cleared now,lol.

1 Like

That is worthy of my phone tying my friend. I bet at least one forum regular wondered for at least a split second…Mast? New posting toon?

1 Like

lol, im shocked no MMO that wasnt already built for it didnt try to have something like that

Was your issue one that needed Live (Love :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) Chat? If your issue is not account/billing related, then it will never be available to select.

The OP’s issue is definitely Billing related, but most issues players open tickets for are not, which is why the system is designed the way it is.

1 Like