I need an Adult

Haha all jokes aside, i am lost over here, i haven’t played in over a Year, and i just came back a few days ago. Everyone has like 300k more HP than me now, and i want to unlock some allied races and stuff like that.

What should i do first, should I focus on unlocking Flying? Should i work on finishing the War Campaign?

Also last question i am super under-geared what is the best way to gear up now?

I’d probably make getting the Legendary cloak and working on it the first priority.

Here’s what you need to do get the cloak.

(1) Unlock World quests. (Looks like this is done.)

(2) Unlock Naz’jatar. The quest “The Wolf’s Offensive” should pop up after you’ve unlocked world quests and leads to “Send the Fleet” which will start off the Naz’jatar quests. (It looks like you may have already started Naz’jatar.)

(3) Unlock Essences. Magni will show up in Naz’jatar with the quests for this shortly after you get to your faction base in Naz’jatar. Follow those quests until you’ve unlocked the forge and activated your first essence. (Again, it looks like you’ve done this as well.)

(4) Start up the Wrathion questline. The quest “An Unwelcome Advisor” should pop up once you’ve unlocked essences. (If not, try porting to Boralus or relogging to get it to pop.) This quest chain is pretty long, but it also acts as a tutorial for all of the 8.3 content. At the end you’ll get your legendary cloak.

You’re gear level is borderline for the 8.3 quest content. It’s probably doable, but you’ll need to be on your toes. You will get upgrades along the way which will help. If you feel like you’re stuggling, spend some time doing Naz’jatar stuff and run some heroics (which drop ilvl 415) for gear. Also, make sure to hit up the new world bosses after you’ve unlocked the 8.3 content which drop ilvl 445.

After you’ve got that going, if you want to work on pathfinder you’ll need to start up Mechagon. The starter quest for that opens up a bit into the Naz’jatar storyline. It has one world quest up per day, but it’s worth a decent chunk of rep. So, if you’re short on time, try to get that done, and worry about the other daily quests there if you have time.

For Naz’jatar rep, your big chunks are going to come from the story and Emissaries. The pet battles on Naz’jatar also offer a decent chunk of rep the first time you do them. (You’ll get a quest item the first time you defeat them that turns in for 250 rep.) The world quest doesn’t need to be up to fight them. (Mechagon has similar thing with it’s pet battles, but the quests only give 75 rep.)

Thanks so much for the mini guildline for me to follow, this helped me alot, I just want to gear up, unlock flying then get back into Arenas!!! Thanks again!!!

1 Like

I just have to post this

2 Likes

You’ll never be bored; there is so much to work on. I need to unlock flying in the upper levels. I really miss this capability. also, I want to be able to make a Vulpera. It seems like it is taking forever.

If I unlock flying in Dalaren, will that also unlock flying in ALL zones, or just for that area?

If you unlock flying for Legion (where new Dalaran is located), that will unlock it for all of the Broken Isle zones. You will still be grounded on Argus should you choose to work on reps or something there. That was designed to be a no flying zone even if you unlocked Legion’s Pathfinder.

2 Likes

Just as another note, once you’ve unlocked flying for an expansion, it’s unlocked for all of your characters that have bought Expert riding. (Yes, that means that your level 60 can fly in Zandalar/Kul’Tiras if you can get them there.) So, you only have to do it once per expansion that requires it.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve been to Argus yet. scratches head I have Battle of Azeroth. I pre-purchased Shadowlands a few weeks ago. I notice when I sign on now it shows Shadowlands instead of Battle of Azeroth. I also see my free boost. So, does that mean Shadowlands is out yet??? I don’t know why I thought it would be released later in the year…

Argus is old Legion end game content, so it’s not something you’d necessarily stumble across unless you were looking for it.

If you’re talking about the Launcher, that is just a way to see what “level” your account is at. In your case, you’ve pre-ordered Shadowlands, so your account is at the Shadowlands level, even though it isn’t out yet. There are some things you get access to early with the pre-order, the big one being allied race and Pandaren Death Knights.

Edit: For clarity, here are the current “account levels” I refered to:

1. Starter — Limited to level 20 with heavy social and economic in game restrictions
  2. Base Game — Limited to level 110. Does not have access to BfA features like Allied races.
  3. BfA — Access to all of the current game
  4. Shadowlands (preorder) — Early access to Allied Race and Pandaren DKs

Everytime you pre purchase an xpac, it will show in your blizzard agent. And your boost is a perk of pre purchase, not of the xpac.
We still in BfA, and most likely, until August or so.