I miss the 4 totem thing shamans used to do

It used to exist as an optional talent and now it’s gone even for that… not even optional. I miss my totems. I don’t like them being exclusively cooldowns. Not even a glyph of codex for it as a purely flavor abilitiy. Hunters got their hunters mark back it hardly does anything. Why must we lose our quad totem summons?

57 Likes

Me too. I don’t play my Shaman much but the old totem mechanics and the cool drop-all-4-at-once thing are missed.

15 Likes

Personally, I hated them.

If only because remembering to re-place them every single fight or if the fight moved was annoying as all hell.

Would’ve enjoyed them if they had made them reposition with you if you moved too far away.

10 Likes

Either way I think we should at least have them as flavor ability. I miss flamtongue totem the most but even just cosmetic totems for RP would be nice.

8 Likes

Personally I preferred the old design where instead you could choose 4 specific totems for it to summon, along with Totemic Recall which I still miss (as I right click to desummon my totems… :frowning: )

The latest iteration whilst thematic really ended up just being a more inconvenient 2 minute buff rather than anything else, especially since the buffs individually weren’t very meaningful or impactful at least to the degree you actually noticed a difference in play.

7 Likes

hunter ammo, pet happiness, rogue vanish from fadeleaf :slight_smile: days when wow wasn’t just a lobby game.

20 Likes

Same. Hopefully DF returns to shaman totems being a visual element if nothing else.

2 Likes

I dislike maintenance buff abilities in general. Inquisition was a waste of a GCD and HP. Windfury Totem today is a waste of a GCD. Stop giving me buttons that don’t actually do anything standalone but that I have to hit because they’re important.

Not sure why I quoted that particular line. Its 4AM I guess.

3 Likes

Agreed with the big buff Orc lady, allow shamans to have 4 totems either as a cosmetic, or bring back them as buffs, was fun as a shaman to be able to fill in missing buffs.

3 Likes

classic has this.

2 Likes

Maybe they could make a toy for it. We have some random totem cosmetic toys, why not one to drop the old school square of totems at your feet?

No offense, but are you really complaining about having to do a click that takes .02 seconds?

13 Likes

Pressing a button to drop your buffs wasn’t fun.

You can do it right now with Windfury.

The totem rework was excellent.

6 Likes

I’m just salty that they’re in the character select screen, and not available in that format in-game.

It should be one and the same.

False advertising, Blizzard. False advertising. :frowning:

6 Likes

its coming back in classic wrath,

3 Likes

It’s an orange poster, so don’t expect much. :rofl:

On topic: i do miss having all them totems out.

5 Likes

This is like playing Rogue and hating stealth and combo points. Fair enough, but maybe it isn’t the class for you.

Shaman has been without a mechanical identity or niche for a decade or so. It’s honestly heartbreaking.

4 Likes

I don’t. Mostly because it’s a constant buff refresh, and it was annoying to keep reapplying them when enemies killed them.

5 Likes

It would be like having to cast battle shout/ arcane intellect/ fortitude every pull or anytime you move. It really wasn’t that fun.

8 Likes

… why play a Shaman, then, if supporting your allies isn’t your thing? I loved this stuff. But people playing the class that didn’t enjoy it in the first placed absolutely ruined it. We’re nothing, now, aside from theme. No mechanical identity whatsoever.

2 Likes