I miss MoP

2025 BFA Was so much simpler than Revenge of Arthas 2 Fall of the Frozen Throne, we didn’t even have to do daily dance battles back in those days

2 Likes

Besides some very bad balance decisions and sloppy class remakes, Legion start was somewhat alright. Cata was also okay, but it did have a very long WoTLK drought predating it. MoP, though, was lag hell at the start because everyone started in the same zone, was daily hell because you needed all reps at max for recipes but you could only do 25 dailies a day, was class hell because you were literally getting one shot by warrior Dragon’s Roar combo…

Haha, it was a mess. I am deeply saddened by the fact I did not play much of it, though. Returned only when MoP was near the end, but got to enjoy a bit of ToT and SoO, get my green fire, and my Garrosh Heroic mount…

Aliens did worse at the box office than Alien, yet was easily the better movie.

2 Likes

Throne of Thunder is still my favorite raid.

Isle of Thunder is still my favorite mid-expansion zone. I even got the Stormbreaker title.

False equivalency to the core. It is no surprise that the only way someone can compliment MoP performance is by lying.
It literally had millions of less players and started the downfall of the game to the sub 10mi.

I still miss Mop minus the last raid…not bc it was bad, just it lasted so long. Everything else I more or less liked.

I’ve been enjoying leveling my goblin mage there just by mostly questing.

The irony of that is we are all adults playing a video game so in a way it makes us all kind of childish and I don’t care because I have embraced my inner child :grin:

1 Like

Oh I loved it . It had it’s faults sure they all do but it was probably the most fun for game play especially if you were a range survival hunter.

3 Likes

I think every warlock should be in this thread giving it hearts.

Please bring back kil jaedens cunning, and MoP survival hunter was also very fun.

2 Likes

Everything was viable in MoP because the class balance was outstanding. Even feral druids and windwalker monks were really good.

The only thing that wasn’t balanced well was that destruction warlock was incredibly op on Garrosh for average to below average warlocks in mediocre guilds because faceroll fire and brimstone mega-meter-padding became viable after Garrosh got nerfed.

And prior to that Demo and Aff warlock were both WAY ahead of every other spec on multi target fights for really good players. But that was acceptable and really balanced because they were terribly underperforming specs for bad players, so bad players all played Destruction the whole xpac and did fine.

2 Likes

WoD had honor and conquest vendors. MoP was just the last to have actual PvP stats. WoD brought in PvP scaled gear, and then with templates in Legion they removed the actual vendors and made the rewards RNG.

100% cosign, MoP surv is some of the most fun I’ve ever had playing a video game.

And that is why I place LegION and Bobbing for Azerite as my 2 least favorite expansions

2 Likes

100%, MoP release was prob the worst ever. 6 hour maintenance pretty much every day, Galleon camping crashing servers. How dailies worked at the beginning sucked, rep grinds sucked before they fixed that too.

Really probably the first 2 months of MoP sucked until they worked it out and we got a chance to enjoy the glory of classes being the most fun to play that they ever were.

1 Like

I had that sort of prejudice when it all began. But even today, I can’t help but agree with my previous nearsightedness, because the male pandaren model really sucks. It doesn’t look like anything in the art or cinematics, and almost all armor look terrible on them.

Can agree with you. Destro was very faceroll in AoE fights, and the most difficult aspect of it was positioning and snapshotting. Nevertheless, I switched to rogue mid-progression, and it wasn’t really much harder. What made fire and brimstone so good is that SoO had so much trash that you topped your burning embers by hitting incinerate once. Moreover, you did not need to immolate every single mob, Fire and Brimstone did that for you.

Specifically ToT/SoO era but yeah, bring it back. Disc was so much fun.

I honestly don’t like how anything in MoP looks. I don’t like pandas, don’t like mogu, don’t like any of the aesthetics of MoP … but despite all that it was SO FUN. So I’m really looking back on MoP with the opposite of rose-tinted glasses, it should objectively have left some bad thoughts from me, but it didn’t because the actual gameplay was just way too fun. They’d gotten it perfect.

Playing those classes during WotLK would be perfect WoW for me.

My hate for pandas ruined my experience through it. You never know when you’re living in the best time until it’s over. :sob:

I really enjoyed MOP but I also don’t have rose colored glasses and remember it had some serious issues as well. Stun locked for days in PvP comes to mind.