3. CMs + some of the best sets
  4. Best zones
  5. Green fire quest
  6. Lore was sweet.
  7. Master looter
  8. Ghostcrawler :frowning_face:
  9. No Infinite grind
40 Likes

And also the last expac to have honor and conquest gear vendors, hopefully, these new vendors can live up to the name… Hopefully.

7 Likes

It was the best expansion because that’s when I started playing WoW.

4 Likes

Yeah, Fun fact I was about 11 when MoP came out and played sub rouge, and from what I can remember that was when sub was actually viable and relatively fun to play. So I started doing arenas and met a lot of older people that were shocked to realize I was young doing rated PvP. And with sub being relevant again, I hope to play more rated PvP again, like the good ol’ days.

No thx on the “mop was so good nostalgia”

1 Like

I miss the friends I had in MoP.

2 Likes

MOP was the last time this game felt to me like no matter what I did, I could find enjoyment even if there was a grind. My wife has similar thoughts. There was never enough hours in the week to play, and every free moment I was in game. Now I can go weeks without playing and not feel like I am missing anything. It wasn’t perfect, and you could see the shift in Dev philosophy towards the end, but it was good times at least for my house hold, and ones not shared since in game…

15 Likes

I hated the theme, but the gameplay was good.

Probably the last time I really considered the game truly fun. SoO was a great raid.

Edit: except BM hunters. Worst part of that expansion, and all the ones since.

2 Likes

MoP was soo good that the best patch of MoP had Less players than the wrost patch of Cata.
So, i pass.

1 Like

Yup it was my fav xpac I miss it to :pensive:

Old Disc priest come back to me! :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Best thing you can do is level an alt through Chromie time in Pandaria. I’d strongly reccommend both a Horde and Alliance alt and, once you hit 50, just keep going.

You won’t regret it. And do NOT, under any circumstamces, rob yourself of the greatest in-game storytelling I can recall by not finishing both Krasarang Wilds and Valley of the Four Winds.

6 Likes

An expansion like MoP with this set of players and their current ‘opinions’ on what does or doesn’t make good gameplay… I don’t think that’ll go well.

I suspect that the VP currency specifically would likely become a major complaint, dungeon and world content irrelevance as well. The raids were generally fine.

PVP had different complaints back then than today, obviously… most of which centered around the very heavy emphasis on cooldowns. Hard to guess if people would appreciate that or not right now.

MoP classes were so fun because everyone was OP, compared to today’s classes, blizz really toned down classes after MoP, by nerfing them and then on top of that, splitting their power into expansion systems, which really just doesn’t feel the same.

MoP WAS the power creep expansion and that’s why if you played it, you played your class at the highest point of power it ever had, also why if you played it your class wouldn’t feel the same anymore

5 Likes

mop aged better than what it was in its modern state. now years later we can appreciate it better, there was just too much… mixed feelings about it when it was current content. two solid years of “asian-esque” stereotype cricket in the pond lorewalker cho philosophical jibber jabber ancient proverbs and very stylized chinese robes and hats kind of took you out of “am i still playing wow?” it was such a departure at the time it didn’t feel… like it belonged. the pandaren race, the atmosphere. it was beautiful, it was well designed, but it was just such a huge change in direction for wow it alienated many. but now that it isn’t forced, and those who appreciate it can go back and relive it… much better, that’s when you truly find the fans of the expansions, when they redo the content after it isnt necessary anymore. i was kind of losing interest towards 5.1/5.2… quit, wod ABSOLUTELY did not have me resub. i resubbed in the last half of legion and was impressed i just didnt think how they concluded mop was all that great. garrosh needed to go but the SoO raid was meh. destroying vale was… a choice. and i still dont know what the fel timeless isle really is or why jurassic park came into mop randomly

1 Like

inb4 the 2025 “BFA was so amazing!”

2 Likes

It had the best game mechanics, and Pandaland was beautiful. Story was a bit of a yawn though.

MoP release was hell, though. It took a bit for it to become grand. Moreover, MoP preview and the way they screwed Pandaren models (Plus, kung fu panda) kinda made a lot of the playerbase deem it childish.

1 Like

Mm. As someone who actually really loved the aesthetic in MoP, I was nethertheless turned off by the roughness of the initial patch. I didn’t come back 'til .1 or .2 (don’t quite recall which), when it had really started to pick up steam and become something great.

Still, are there any expansions you couldn’t say that about? Even ones as recent and well-loved as Legion had a rocky start.