I miss classic era

Whitemane cluster has multiple raids during the peak hours, and regular calls to que for PvP (if that’s your thing).

1 Like

Curious, what do you mean Classic era? I assume like most of us you’re playing Wrath classic?…oh…wait…is the whole era thing a nod to the “#somechanges” thing? I’m not getting it

1 Like

classic era are the permanent vanilla servers

3 Likes

As above, there’s different forms of Classic.

Classic Era is original release of Classic. Vanilla so to speak, which will have it’s servers up indefinitely.

Classic Season of Mastery (SoM) is a re-release of Classic Era with some changes which is has temporary, seasonal availability.

Classic TBC was the release with The Burning Crusade expansion this had been rolled into Classic Wrath.

3 Likes

It’s important to note that Season of Mastery is an accelerated form of Vanilla progression that, when it ends, forces players to transfer their level 60s to Classic era or Classic WotLK servers.

1 Like

I was just thinking and editing that seconds ago :hugs:

Yes, that is an important distinction for SoM.

1 Like

Next season of mastery is coming out in november, so you will get some fresh classic then.

1 Like

Or… instead of waiting you can literally roll on a Classic Era server now.

1 Like

Has that been announced?

Agreed!
tbh, I prefer that option over a season.

1 Like

No, but it’s a yearly cycle, SoM launched in november last year, it stands to reason that it will refresh at the same time.

1 Like

For clarity: at this point, this is purely speculation as nothing has been announced

2 Likes

i like it alot i gonna be here long tim i still can get a level 60 alot mob do a kill on me i am level 16 i gotta do levelup alot

1 Like

Thank you, I really appreciate the explanation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s the beauty of classic era. It takes a long time to get to 60 and, once you get there, there is a ton of stuff to do.

Since there will never be a forced migration, you are free to take as long as you want and play at whatever pace suits your personal life and not worry about getting left behind.

You can take a couple of weeks off and not miss anything. You can level alts, etc.

2 Likes

I would love to see a classic fresh soon. No season of mastery, just the same cadence as vanilla fresh with some QOL upgrades like layering, no spell batching etc.

1 Like