I may have fixed some crashing or hanging,

EDIT: update - so I’ve been doing this for more than a month now. It’s about what I suspected. Full on system crashes, hangs, and freezes are not gone. Clearly it’s a multi-factor thing. But, all of those things are rare to very rare now. In general, it’s been a good success. (Technically that’s not evidence though, just one experience. The computer cooling fan is also more active too, starting earlier, getting ahead of the heat. I wouldn’t know of that’s WC or macOS.)

I don’t think this is a 100% fix b/c my sense is this isn’t one problem. But I think I just essentially deleted some of the problem. I’ve played nearly five days with zero crashes and a handful of intermittent hangs which could be or seemed to be related to heavy graphics loads while on discord and safari. Basically in raid.

I bought a small (quiet) variable speed usb desk fan and pointed it at the hot spot on my computer. Running at very low speed, no noise. Sort of a hail mary play … I did this before with an old (aluminum skin) laptop like … back when TBC/WotLK was current. I guess I didn’t really think this would still be a thing … but maybe it is?

I don’t know, maybe apple will just always be that technology company with one of their founding cornerstones being a denial of technology. It’s like they are angry computers aren’t as innocuous as a piece of paper. I mean, it’s two times now they’ve tried to make fanless computers and essentially failed at it. And I’ll bet they will try a third time and likely have another unsuccessful product.

Ok, rant over. Hope it works for you guys … heck, hope it continues to work for me and this isn’t a fluke.

2019 smaller (intel) imac, 32 memory, laptop radeon gfx card, current OS. There are tons of little desktop fan product options available on amazon. If you want to see the fan I used google “arctic cooling” to see the company, it’s under usb fans.