I managed to put a group for Scarlet Monastery last night

Saw a healer in queue. Invited him.
Then I proceed to spam LFG chat for Scarlet Monastery Armory, as LFG was empty.
I’d say I took us about 20m to find 3 DPS. Give or take. We were going to go 4 man, but just happened to have 1 person request to join us as I was about to delist.

Then, I noticed no one was actually going to SM, as no one had fly paths. So, priest and I both flew to Arathi (that’s what we had). And ran from there. (10m FP from SW).
We ran to Hillsbrad to get FP And proceeded to run to WPL to get another one.

We died 3 times trying to cross WPL.

It took me nearly an HOUR to run the dungeon from A-Z.
Only to have healer leave after 1 run, as it took an absurd amount of time.

And no, I didn’t make new best friends.
And I regret wasting this much time.
And I will not run a single other dungeon outside of Stocks or ZF due to their location.

Solo leveling is the new motto of Classic.

Take care yall.
I hope yall old folks are happy to keep me away from group content without RDF. Hope you’re happy raidlogging and not actually caring what happens to anyone else.

68 Likes

Monastery is where my group left me the first time… I leveled that rogue though! Took a year in loneliness without dungeons but I did it. I was rather slow, and lost of course, and now the Rogue is stuck in Classic Era, but he made it.
Case in Point, Monastery is a Beater! Try and skip it as best as possible!

So is Ragefire.
So is Wailing Caverns
So is Blackfathon.
So is Shadowfang.
So is Razonfen
So is Maraudon
So is Temple
So is Dire Maul.

That leaves oyu with BRD, which is absurdly large, Starth/Scholo perhaps, and Deadmines + ZF.

Nice. Love avoiding 80% of group content in an MMO.

19 Likes

It is rough, indeed! Luckily there are plenty of quests!

1 Like

RDF should 100% be implemented for pre-80 dungeons.

26 Likes

I sometimes think they could make this free to play to get more people to play , wouldn’t have this problem . Lots of people already have done the content. People who never played this game could bring more numbers …

4 Likes

It sounds like you were unprepared by not having flight paths or bothering to head to the dungeon while you were still finding people.

Not hard for you and the priest to fly to Arathi and take your mount to Southshore to pick up another FP and then head north (and NOT through WPL… good Lord lol!) and then you could easily entice players by saying you have summons available.

I can see why some players take so long to get dungeons going. They don’t think ahead 10 minutes and fail to do simple things to speed up the process.

If it took 20 min to form the group, you and the priest could have easily been at the SM summoning stone already but nah… you decided to waste another 40 minutes (somehow) getting to SM through a bad route and just being lazy while forming up the party.

That’s on you, dude.

22 Likes

RDF should be available, at a minimum, for old content. It should be available for all content.

24 Likes

Nobody is keeping anyone away from RDF. It exists in Retail. It might even be surprising if Retail players know where dungeons are!

That journey to Scarlet Monastery as Alliance (esp. during P2 of Vanilla/WoW Classic) is epic, and part of what makes Classic classic.

6 Likes

You say that like RDF is the only difference between Wrath and retail. It’s stupid. Why do you continue to bring up this crap?? People want to level their characters and eventually play in Northrend. If people wanted to play retail they’d play retail. But here we are because we want to play Wrath with WRATH FEATURES.

Christ…

This ain’t Vanilla. You know what was part of making Wrath Wrath? RDF.

17 Likes

That’s not a very constructive thing to say in a conversation.

We’ve exhausted all the conversation around RDF. There’s nothing productive coming from the discussion at this point.

You want RDF, I get it. If you care that much about it, then go play Retail. If you want to play Wrath, then play Wrath. With or without RDF, it’s not that big of a deal, not nearly what you’re making it out to be.

2 Likes

In other words, they want a WotLK feature that was originally delivered with ICC patch.

No wait… they want it NOW because they are willing to accept the general Classic way of doing things of having original features in later patches available at launch.

They like to “cherry pick” after all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Neither is the dumb “retail has RDF” blah blah BS. Stupidity tends to grate on the nerves, ya’ know?

And you double down on your stupidity.

9 Likes

I dont think there would be nearly as many threads if this remotely mattered. They already said its not coming in ICC anyway so this is a bad argument.

RDF for pre wotlk dungeons would immensely improve the leveling experience for many.

10 Likes

On most of my alts, I spend 10-20 in Deadmines, 20-24 in Stockade, 24-30 in Scarlet Monastery, 30-50 in Maraudon, 50-58 in Strath, and 58-60 in Zul’Gurub.

:wink:

I’d agree to a point, but if you’re on a smaller server (and even to a significant degree on larger ones now) there’s no guarantee a group will come together.

It’d be one thing if you could slough up to SM and unlock a flight point for future use (as ally), but if you hoof it up there and don’t get a group, then you just wasted time for nothing.

That said, the vast majority of the time trying to shortcut across WPL is a mistake. I agree with you on that.

1 Like

RDF and cross-realm are among the most significant reasons we had the huge push for classic in the first place. RDF would defeat the purpose of why we even got classic.

2 Likes

I always come prepared to do a dungeon I want to run. Prepared would be to collect all the quests. For SM, the main chain quest takes you to Southshore so I would have that FP picked up with all the SM quests.

Most players have a hearth set in Dalaran or Shat so I would have fast access to IF. How much time would it take to fly to SS and ride to SM? Maybe 10 minutes and really, that is the most out of the way dungeon for Alliance players.

So fair enough…you don’t have to go to the summoning stone right away. If you wait for a full group AND you are prepared, maybe it’s 10 minutes to get SM going.

OP just illustrates what ill-prepared players do and then complain afterwards.

I mean in Classic the group content was more the fact that every zone had a handful of elite quests than it was dungeons.

Dont thank the other players for this. They had nothing to do with it. This nonsense is straight from blizz. These trolls want to act like they are the reason for not having rdf but they had and still have ZERO infulence on the choice to remove it.

5 Likes