I love playing on Megaservers

The world feels alive, there is world pvp everywhere. you can find a group for any dungeon and any role or help with any quest. Yall are retail babies and it shows. Retail is dead or layered af and popular private servers were all giant megaservers with no layers and 10k pop and they were always the peak WoW experience.

1 Like

Dear diary…

7 Likes

i wish there was a PvE megaserver.

4 Likes

I wish Blizzard enforced some of their rules more heavily, and would just totally ban the entire Blizzard account of anyone that admitted to playing on a private server. You won’t need it, go back to a private server.

Ironic that the private server community was the driving force behind Classic and your garbage fire SoM lmao

6 Likes

Careful, they’ll start banning people who make assumptions, next.

3 Likes

Yeah cause fighting your faction for every quest mob and it taking 2X longer to quest is really fun.

FYI, you can still do dungeons just fine with layers. LFG chat is server wide.

People like you are why we have over populated zones and no one can do quests without waiting 15 min for mobs to respawn.

2 Likes

Isn’t Shadowstrike one? I’m in it and it’s always poppin’

3 Likes

I’d like mega servers more if I didn’t have a bad experience with Herod. I did not like the launch community there at all and had I stayed there I know my Classic game experience would have been worse.

I do respect people that like whatever server size though and really try to be nice, but when you are nasty or totally rude about how mega servers are all anyone should ever choose then I won’t be nice back because you deserve to be treated the same way you just treated others (not you OP this means whoever).

1 Like

all i can say to you jommies is: jajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

2 Likes

You are just jajajajajealous.

2 Likes

is this on wow classic or tbc classic? I need to find a server like that

I’m the opposite.

I like playing on low pop “dead” servers. I think the community of these server is generally better, the world has a lot more “breathing space,” its easier to farm and quest without having to fight over tags, and gathering mats are generally much cheaper as a result.

Unfortunately these servers are kind of a relic. People do not tolerate them anymore, the demand for instant groups, having everything always available, and fear of server death mean even healthy medium populated servers are at a risk of people transferring off en masse.

Some interesting reddit thread I found. Read the comments, they give a lot of insight to how different high and low pop servers were back then (and realms in general were also smaller then): https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/dxp3l/fu cking_low_pop_servers_how_do_they_work/

8 Likes

This is why I generally support paid transfers being implemented as soon as possible. Let the zoomers go be with their brethren on the ONLY VIABLE SERVER. The sooner we offload all the whiners and sulkers, the more quickly the social and economic order of our mid pop servers will begin to mature into something stable and lasting.

Also, thats how resources become 100g a stack.

I’ve be on a SOM retry of late on shadow.

Been seeing other night elves. In teldrassil. Something I didn’t see past week 1 of normal classic or tbcc.

And I am off time zone. I can see people asian TZ night which would be early us morning even.

1 Like

Genuine question here.

One of the bigger concerns I see with bigger servers is that things cost more. My thought has always come to “but I can sell other things I don’t need at inflated values too”.

Do people really hate farming and selling product B so that they can purchase product A?

lol… please let me pay you more money dear Lizzard… How people like you stand up with a straight face in the morning without questioning who you are as a person and not immediately go back to bed is beyond me.

I was so far behind on mutanis i had no choice but to roll another warrior of the light on jom gabar

What’s with North Americans and being xenophobic? I’m South American and I guarantee my English is better than many native English speakers… Enjoy your dead server! :kissing_heart:

4 Likes