I love Calia but

I mean, she is “Calia Menethil, heir to the throne of Lordaeron”. One could say that technically she’s “Queen Calia Menethil of Lordaeron”.

It’s the same as Lightforged Draenei. She was raised into undeath, then became Lightforged like the Draenei. They just… both happened at the same time.

Agreed.

She went to hide away in a house in stormsong for all of bfa because she did become an abomination.

Just you dead’rs wait. You burn down a tree full of elves, now you get Sister Undead Lightforge to replace your undead elf wafu pillow that’s been loitering around in the basement with you in Undercity all that time…hic!

Try anything creepy with her and it’s a ruler to the knuckles for you…hic!

Then by your assertion, Paladins can be undead. That does not make any sense what-so-ever unless you are a child that thinks it would be cool.

Whomever is coming up with the new malarkey mythos for Azeroth is clueless. The governance is being directed by a corporation deciding by social demographics.

I suggest that you watch the trailers for Warcraft and the Burning Crusade, those characters are archetypes. You can tell the guys that came up with the foundations of those stories grew up playing AD&D and reading Conan and Elric and did not once ever considered if it was politically correct.

The tone of the current story dismantles that foundation and comes up with nonsense like Calia.

Isn’t that kind-of what a death knight is? The Fallen Knights of the Silver Hand?

Regardless, I’m not sure why you took such a… hostile sounding tone towards my post. The guy I replied to said that Lightforged undead doesn’t make sense, as light makes life, not undeath. I was just clarifying that the light didn’t make her undead; she was raised into undeath, and then her undead form was Lightforged (by a naaru, if I remember correctly), similarly to how draenei become Lightforged. It just happened all at the same time, or probably the latter immediately following the former.

I don’t disagree that it’s nonsense. Of course, the fact is that this is Blizzard’s world, and they get to say that whatever nonsense they want is fact in their world. So, whether we think it’s nonsense or not… viola! We now have a Lightforged undead on Azeroth, and she’s about to become the leader of the Forsaken without even joining the Horde.

shrug

Nope. Warcraft Chronicles: Volume 1 specifically states that life in the universe was created by the Light.

My confusion over her being brought back as a Lightforged undead is why didn’t the Light just bring her back to life? Calia must have a tremendous amount of faith to be okay with this. Especially since she can possibly face tremendous backlash from both undead and worshipers of the light.

No idea. Maybe she’d already been raised before the naaru got its “hands” on her?

Ultimately, it’s prolly because Blizzard wanted to have a lightforged undead character, and they can make stuff happen that doesn’t make sense, if they wanna.

According to Saa’ra, it brought her back as Calia wished to be brought back.

Broken is not a playable race

yet…

or Lady Lightbright.

1 Like

Sylvanas was the Forsaken Queen because THEY, collectively, believed they owed her everything.

They are going to follow Calia because her dad was once their master?!?!

1 Like

*Brother. I mean her dad was their master while were alive.

Calia Menethil, Heir to the Throne of Lordaeron.

Does that work?

She hasn’t done anything to deserve any titles except hide in a ditch for two days while the citizens of Lordaeron were slaughtered and then run away to hideout at the Netherlight Temple. The only other thing she has done is single handedly manage to get all the Forsaken killed at the gathering.

She doesn’t deserve to be Queen of anything.

2 Likes

That’s nothing, her brother got a lot more people killed and killed their father. Then look how far he went. She deserves it more for learning from her mistakes.

Her being born the daughter of Terenas Menethil is what gave her a title. That’s how monarchies work.

I don’t get this topic. Who the **** actually loves Calia? She’s existed for a hot minute and hasn’t done anything.

She’s spent more time as an imaginary raid boss for future raids than she has as a real character.

4 Likes

The Menethil reign should be ended after what Arthas did to the citizens of Lordaeron. She should have to earn the title of queen if she wants it and not be given it by birth right.

All she has done to this point is hide away while her people suffered.

1 Like

I am no fan of Calia, however, many fantasy stories abound about the last of a line of monarchs who have spent years hiding from their title and responsibility ultimately claiming their birthright and rebuilding their kingdom.

Hell, look at Aragorn in LOTR.

2 Likes