I lost my Gift of N'Zoth

I just finished the quest for the Gift of N’Zoth on my rogue and wanted to keep it. I went to the barber in Boralus to see if a different hairstyle would show off my Icky Face Friend better. I got in the chair and when I came out no buff.

I’ve tried:
/reload
Hearthing within the same zone
messing with the head slot in transmog
logging out and back into the character
portaling to new zones

A lot of people seem to be having the opposite issue of the buff not going away.

Also I did notice while I had it that the whispers sound was playing nonstop I’ve seen a report about this too.

Blizzard I would like my gross eyeball back please.

Edit: Also the quest “His Eye Upon You” is available to me even without the buff.

Edit 2: Going to Brother Pike and accepting the quest to remove the Gift and then immediately abandoning it brought back the buff. However it’s flickering in an out.

1 Like

I just got the gift on my Warlock, had the eye and whispers, and didn’t even pick up the cleanse quest. Logged out on the character and when I logged back into him, the gift was gone. I’ve tried everything and can’t get it back, so I opened a ticket.

same story here… I had the gift was getting the whispers… I didn’t go to the barbership but I did transmog my helm (I probably wouyldn’t have if I knew it was going to break the “gift”

I also lost mine. I think it was from doing transmog. I was using the bug where if you use a toy to change your helm and tick it off you’d get your transmogged helm instead of the gift (without losing the buff) and it would pop back and forth between the two, which wasn’t happening until today for me. Not sure what’s going on but I never meant to get rid of it :frowning:

I’d like to add myself to the list. I did battle for Stromgarde today on horde side and after zoning back into Zul Dazor my Gift of N’Zoth was gone. I opened up a ticket and reported the bug. I hope it doesn’t ruin any plot related stuff from my choice or kill any neat stuff going on if you kept the buff. This blows. I hope it comes back.

Edit one- I just tried what Kinam listed “Edit: Also the quest “His Eye Upon You” is available to me even without the buff.” and it restored the buff

He took it back. N’Zoth is an Indian giver.

1 Like

Earlier today, I was getting a lot of whispering from N’zoth (as most others were), but just now, I’ve noticed the whispering has stopped. On top of that, my N’zoth buff and the eyeball from my helm has been removed.

I still have the quest, “His Eye Upon You” being offered by Talanji.

All my toons that have the Gift of N’zoth has lost it. I just wanted to add my name to the list and see if someone will answer why this is happening.

Same boat here. My Rogue had it, never cleansed, yet for some reason it’s just gone.