I like trash talk in world pvp but

people seem to love rating bashing in a form of pvp where your rating is irrelevant

background: night in goldshire with a few encounters. fought a rogue/boomie in a 2v1 several times, went 3-1 with a loss being from misplays on my end - totally cool with that, though i don’t think frenzied regen is balanced in the slightest. with the conduit it takes even less thought to pull off than leeching mobs.

then barely lose when they call in 3 more horde and still have to resort to training my pet. little tilted from pets being still being a liability after 6 months so i log over and fling some trash talk at the rogue for emoting, but also give props to the monk for a cheeky RoP play.

rogue immediately retaliates by bringing up rating because since i’m higher xp and cr than him, the ONLY explanation is i had to have bought a glad carry! he was too dense to see that i haven’t even gotten that achievement yet!

really ruins the immersion.

btw blizzard stop fun policing world pvp. final verdict oneshots, condemn monkey mobility and immortal druids should be something you achieve only through open world creativity not something you can do in arena. not sure why momentum boots and miscellaneous soulbinds are a higher balancing priority than those

2 Likes

I’ve never understood the mindset when people bring up arena rating in things such as regular bgs or world pvp either. I get it that a lot of people have nothing else going for them but these pixilated accomplishments. But Atleast keep it somewhat on point to the situation. These days I beat them to it and make fun of them before they can say it themselves. I’ll usually say let me guess u are going to blah blah blah “hard stuck” “get Gud” etc etc comments. It’s funny how salty and easy it is to call people on their bs in this game. Many are predictable to the point it isn’t even fun to trash talk with. Heck I even have to ask them to come up with stuff so I have something to work with in the back and forth.

4 Likes

Happens all the time unfortunately, and it will continue to happen, so do your part and keep stomping these salty folks into the ground.

5 Likes

I’ll admit I was a little salty after the 5v1 loss (moreso towards Blizzard’s horrible pet design this xpac than the players themselves) but nothing says salty like someone’s first response being to accuse you of being boosted, right? I’ve never seen actual skilled PvPers, arena or WPvP, use that response unless it was clearly obvious and later in the conversation.

Was thinking about your story time posts @ogpapabear making this post! Keep it up, bro :smiley:

2 Likes

LoL. Found ovidiu’s alt.

Don’t know what this means but there’s things you can do in open world to win 1vXs pretty consistently. Shame most classes no longer have the depth and tools to win 1vX via outplay though.

In arena though unless you’re a 226 ret against 2 noobs, forget it. Even Jellybeans struggles to 1v2 in the challenger bracket and they aren’t even full 1v2s :confused:

1 Like

Different ppl

2 Likes

This right here. People can’t adapt and figure out strats to take multiple people on. It’s sad to think most don’t believe it can be done. Just because they don’t take the time to learn how to wpvp. Yes it doesn’t happen every time. That’s the great thing about wpvp. Every situation is different. And u learn great tactics to battle the numbers game out there

2 Likes

Love this. In my eyes WPvP isn’t as much about skill as it is about creativity; of course, a good player will stay calm and cross-CC/kick/kite well even when there’s multiple people, but reality is with multiple people on you that just doesn’t make much difference anymore.

There’s not much skill in using insane consumables/buffs, but to find them takes a creative mind. In the same vein there’s quite literally no skill involved at all in utilizing numbers advantages, but it is a cornerstone of WPvP albeit an annoying one.

2 Likes

Confirmed Ovidiu’s alt.

Doubt /10.

so far all i’ve gotten from this is that you’re hiding behind a classic throwaway toon and probably got rolled by ovidiu, who could be anyone who’s passed 9th grade english

Pretty easy to beat 2 mediocre players at once with minimal WPvP stuff. In a 2v1 you can still play it like an arena with cross CC and kicks, mend pet and 35% leech just makes it so you live long enough to where those plays actually matter.

But you wouldn’t know anything about that would you Mr. Classic Sh#tposter

Uh oh this thread gonna get spicy? :hot_pepper:

1 Like

Never have I seen a classic toon add anything of substance to a retail thread since its release ~2 years ago haha

2 Likes

I’ve never changed the toon that displays on forums.

I’ve also listed all toons I have, because people like you scream about hiding behind alts.

Because any functional human being is worried about their progress and achievements in a videogame. Amirite?

Never have I seen an alliance toon add anything of substance to a retail thread since its release ~2 years ago haha

but reality is with multiple people on you that just doesn’t make much difference anymore.

Pretty easy to beat 2 mediocre players at once with minimal WPvP stuff. In a 2v1 you can still play it like an arena with cross CC and kicks, mend pet and 35% leech just makes it so you live long enough to where those plays actually matter.

But you wouldn’t know anything about that would you Mr. Classic Sh#tposter

Oof.

I wouldn’t understand it in wpvp, but in a BG, if it’s coming down to whether or not we should listen to the 2.9k a$$hole strat or little Timmy the pvper, probably gonna listen to the 2.9k guy.

Arena strats have nothing to do with bg strats. I’ve seen more times than not a really good arena player not able to adapt to a larger scale fight scenario. It’s usually just the childish trolls that want everything handed to them and give up right away that use it as an argument.

1 Like