I like these forums

I thought they’d change the color. Kinda glad they didn’t :slight_smile:
Also, Emojis! :smiley: :blush: :grin:

It’s not bad, and I’m getting used to it. But there are some idiosyncrasies. I haven’t figured out how to quote-reply, which is annoying. And there are some navigation glitches…for instance, if you click an avatar and it leads to a non-public profile, I haven’t found how to return to the thread. No navigation controls, no “back” link, and browser “back” functionality doesn’t work. (Android 8.1, most recent mobile FireFox.)

At least the JavaScript is less touch sensitive, so I can scroll without unintentionally opening threads or char profiles.

1 Like

I agree, no issues with it. They seem to load faster too.

I believe it is for the ‘transitional’ phase of moving from the old forums to this new one. They will integrate everything together once they have fully transitioned and addressed any issues.

I only like the emotes. :pig2:

It’s not bad, and I’m getting used to it. But there are some idiosyncrasies. I haven’t figured out how to quote-reply, which is annoying.

You can do it a couple ways:

• Highlight the text you want to quote before hitting Reply
  • Type a > and manually copy/paste
  • Press the blockquote (") button in the Reply frame and copy/paste the text
2 Likes

I am still on the fence about these forums, there are things I like and things I don’t like about them. The real time thing is cool though, I use to always refresh my page before I posted just incase someone said anything while I was typing.

Few things I appreciate is that I won’t have a glaring white screen blaring in my face when I go to the next page any longer. The notifications are absolutely amazing to have because now you can carry on a conversation with ease. I can now see folks in the middle of typing. Feels like a chat room, which I love!

Something I dislike is that I cannot ignore users and that I am capped on how much I can love folks posts. I love a lot of what folks say, lemme give them my love!

Still have to highlight every time you want to quote the reply. That’s kind of a step backwards.

The best part is watching people race to have the highest post count. Some neat features, but also some unnecessary stuff that just feels cluttered. It feels sort of like I’m using a mobile app while on my PC.

I think they could have added several new features to improve, but kind of threw those in with the old forum and then put it all in a slapchop and dumped it on my screen.

I think they could use a few small touches and buttons, but overall I think I’ll grow to like them.

Yeah, these forums aren’t so bad. My only problem is not really knowing where to reply. Do I reply to the OP or scroll all the way down and hit reply there? And if I scroll all the way down and I’m just replying to the last poster? Ah well.

So far I’m not a huge fan, but they’re still really new. I’ll get used to them, and I’m sure it won’t take long before I’m just as accomplished at lurking here as I was on the old forums. :sunglasses:

I had no idea you could do this, that’s awesome! Thank you!

That is real useful thank you for sharing.