I let my sub run out at the right time

It expired yesterday when Blades Edge mountain was causing the transfer aborted bug, servers down posts, now incompatible realms, unlocked servers you can’t transfer to, bots everywhere (AV weekend DKs with gibberish names were nuts), arena points, neutral auction houses not working, heroic + gear wall, oceanic realms latency affecting both OCE and NA, GDKP paywall hump to be able to get in raids, and of course the classic hit- no RDF.

But the priority and best communication we’ve had in a very long time is about nerfing Heroic XT.

I don’t really know what to say except I don’t know how I’m still even able to post this unless that’s a bug too.

OG Wrath was the best xpac I experienced but this isn’t it. Maybe it wasnt and I have rose tinted glasses, but to let all this through 15 years later is total neglect. There’s no reason to be this reactive unless this xpacs on less than maintenance mode.

I’m not mad, I’m sure I’ll come back, probably when RDF is out but in the meantime, I don’t think I’m missing much.

These forums are popcorn with new BS every day

Stay frosty

15 Likes

Farewell letters are as old as … nobody really cares.

4 Likes

At least I’m posting from lake front house in FL and not from patents basement. Grow up.

1 Like

Sometimes it takes the forums a while to realize you don’t have an active sub. Once it let me keep posting for weeks.

4 Likes

I think you’re missing the message. This isn’t an “I quit because xxx” post

I mean sure I’m not bringing anything new to the table except pointing out that a lot is coming together at once in this game, and in a bad way.

I’m sure I’ll be back, just letting sub lapse to do other things like read and replay BOTW before tears of the kingdom comes out.

2 Likes

oooOOOOOoooOOOOooo :expressionless:

Oh wow, Florida? If I may ask, what did you do in life to achieve such unparalleled greatness?

6 Likes

Lake house because too poor for the beach

4 Likes

Florida because too poor for a state with books.

2 Likes

Don’t cry, poor orc. You’ll get more pixels.

Florida is the #1 destination for people moving out of the expensive overly taxed states tho- it’s a great destination with solid leadership. That state has a bright future.

I lived there twice, too hot for me. I moved to the Midwest to get away from all the city wastefulness and restrictions. I’d never go back. Too much deterioration in cities and urban areas.

2 Likes

There is nothing redeemable about Florida. Also those taxes in the “overly taxed states” pay for things like educations for kids. Pretty important.

2 Likes

Property taxes pay for education, those exist in Florida too.

I’m talking about wasteful spending that diverts from educational funding.

Probably the things you support if I’m catching your vibe

4 Likes

Property taxes pay for schools, police etc. State pays 2/3 of tuition. I have two USF graduates in a family and none of them took educational loan.

1 Like

Florida is doing it right. So they can afford books after all. God Bless America

4 Likes

God Bless America, God Bless Florida. Have fun with your life, my friend. It’s just a game. Blizzard is deaf to its fan base. Sadly.

1 Like

Why would you post that? When OP didn’t even say anything bad about anyone? Are you just looking for any random reason to mention your house in FL?

“Hey guys, the weather sucks today huh…”

“I have a lakefront house in Florida! Grow up!”

This unavoidable truth becomes more obvious by the day.
Just a matter of personal tipping points, enough is enough.

Oh wait, I’m among those conned into the 12 month sub so I can’t go anywhere.

2 Likes

This is the answer right here. I never played OG Wrath, or WOW back in the day. I started in TBCC and have come over into Wrath. People sung the praises of Wrath, and while it’s not bad by any means, it’s certainly a game a bored teenager or college student would enjoy over an adult.

Prior to the Argent Tournament, most of the things you do in Wrath at max level are chasing achievements for various reasons. Back in the day, this would be fun to do with other bored friends between downtime. However, as an adult, everyone has different schedules, prioritize some things over another, and aren’t as interested in milling about in a virtual world after supper.

I have a great social guild on my Alliance main, but it’s difficult to organize getting them together to even run old raids or dungeons for mounts.

In TBC a lot of the side content, Aside from finding a group willing to run a heroic dungeon for some rep, was a solo affair. Things took a long time to get, and the achievement of riding a Sky Ray was a result of dedication. Aside from the dailies, I have little reason to log on in Wrath outside of Raids.

Forums have been this way for a long time, usually by the people who say things like “The community, someone think of the community.” People quit, Have their own opinion of anything and it’s a dumpster fire of insults and looking at peoples parses or boss kills.

2 Likes