I just watched the entire Mulan Trailer

During Lich King’s RP talk…

Blizz, we need a skip button.

13 Likes

Yuck, it looks disgusting. The Mulan Trailer that is. That is not the Mulan that was my hero when I was little :disappointed:

17 Likes

Anyone want to guess which song will be removed from this rendition because it’s not inclusive enough?

7 Likes

I agree, although conflicted because while it’s not OUR Mulan it’s much closer to China’s Mulan and I think they got dibs.

6 Likes

P sure all the songs got removed.

I would have preffered “our” Mulan. They would get more views if they made her closer to the original. Also, that actress supports China’s control over Hong Kong, so I especially don’t like her.

8 Likes

I’m just waiting on the live action toy story movie.

5 Likes

Joaquin Phoenix as Woody please.

4 Likes

Hollywood has some of the most abhorrent political views on the planet, but if the movie is good it’s easy to separate the movie from the actors and actresses starring in it. Unfortunately these days movies are mostly awful.

7 Likes

It’s always helpful to separate the person from their work when it comes to entertainment.

5 Likes

I liked the trailer but I also had read the original story before it was Disneyfied. Though no material on the planet has been given a more severe dose of that than Hunchback.

:cookie:

11 Likes

I just watched the trailer for Mulan and it looked so awesome!

I cried alittle…

4 Likes

The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast both ‘ended as expected’ in the literature but got disneyfied on par with Hunchback I’d say.

1 Like

Most of Disneys ‘original’ work are pale imitations compared to their source. There was a time when the original grim fairy tales were considered bedtime stories for children.

1 Like

They taught that actions have consequences and making treacherous bargains could cost you everything. No matter how shiny the cursed gold is, touch it at your peril. They were good lessons to learn. As opposed to ‘you can screw everything up and it’ll just work out cause you’re special and matter’.

13 Likes

Some of them where, some of them were about trying to follow society, Hansel and Gretel, Cinderella, and a bunch of others were all about conforming to society at the time.

I’m excited for it. Pretty obvious it’s a throwback to wuxia movies

1 Like

I’m not really sure what to think of it at the moment. I don’t have any desire to see it currently and I don’t think that will change. I really liked the original. I am curious about the live adaptation of Lady and the Tramp and Cruella.

Oh god, ANOTHER live action adaption of the popular animated Disney movie? :neutral_face:

On second thought, keep the Lich king’s RP talk. I want to live in Denial of this kind of thing being reality. :tired_face:

2 Likes

Isn’t Chinese nationalism pretty on-brand for Mulan?

They’re making a live action Mulan?

Time for some McDonald’s Szechuan.

2 Likes