I just realized that Arcatraz is the Black Omen from Chrono Trigger

• floating, alien tech-ish looking castle

• blob enemies

• winged demon enemies

• tall, cylindrical bosses with no arms

I wonder if they were thinking of that when they designed it.

1 Like

Than so same can be said for Tempest Keep, Mechanar, Exodar and the Botanica.

Also: Tempest Keep was originally supposed to be the source of the Draenei’s exodus from Argus but Christie Golden changed their arrival ship to Oshugun for some reason.

If I was in charge of Blizzard Entertainment I would have made sure Christie Golden followed the Interviews 100%. I would have also turned the Draenei into Humans who altered themselves to resemble Eredar starting with Velen since Velen is clearly based off of Babylon 5’s Valen who was a Human who turned himself into a Minbari.

The name wouldn’t even be Draenei but Lost Ones. Yes the Race we know as the Lost Ones would instead be Draenei(a Race massacred by Gul’dan for being too dedicated to the Elements) and the race we know as the Draenei would instead be Lost Ones(a Race of Humans lured to the past by Archimonde and changed to resemble Eredar only to find most of their number including Kil’jaeden corrupted into joining the Eredar’s ranks)!

Bro what even is that

thank you for putting into words what I could barely think after reading that. The first part about Tempest Keep was neat, but then it torpedo to the bottom of the deep end.

It’s probably intentional. Zovaal is just Lavos backwards

Also Transformers. The cell blocks are named after Alpha Trion and Fortress Maximus. Mechanar is based on Decepticon HQ with the stockpiles of EnergonNethergon cubes and the transparent overpass. The elevator is the Space Bridge platform.