I just had a huge brain moment for Sylvanas

Funny to see this posting.

I just did the Legion intro for the first time on a Horde character. While I always liked Sylvanas as a rule , the handing of the Warchief mantle to her would have made me like her even more if the TERRIBLE way she was writing in BfA hadn’t turned her into a cheesy C-movie villain. Can’t stand her now.

How did the writers take her from “The Horde will endure” to “The Horde are nothing” in one expansion?

BfA … will be very glad to see the tail end of it but the damage to Sylvanas is done. She either stays the villain or they give her some unfathomable redemption back-end that makes the whole of BfA look like a terrible exercise in writing.

2 Likes

This. Sylvanas wasnt given the same protection… but she may not have deserved the maw. But perhaps the LK blade’s relation to the maw sent her there. Then she made a pact with the jailer.

elves are notoriously pragmatic. As a ranger general, she was required to lead troops into battle, requiring strategy and foresight to accept losses. Her ruthless efficiency helped wipe out the northern troll armies.

she was evil from the jump, and as such, a solid 20 - 37% hotter. Thems the brakes kid. :hugs:

Holy shi…p
Don’t make me cry

Okay I’m fine now

I think the Bastion short implies that it was the Light itself that interceded on Uther’s behalf and that is how half of his soul ended up in the Shadowlands and the other half ended up within Frostmourne.

I don’t think that happened for Sylvanas and I don’t think her soul was split.

In other words I think Blizzard is making Uther’s case an exclusive/unique one.

Yup, and Azeroth would have been defeated had she not retreated. Fate of the world temporarily rested in her hands at the Broken Shore, and she chose to save it rather than feed the maw.

This is because Blizzard is too used to retconning their story. The story itself is no longer a comfortable thing to rely on. It is now expected to change years later for no reason other than an endgame or new expansion.

Doesn’t matter, only half of her is good. Kill the banshee.

She is the one true ruler. Tread lightly…

Hey whats that smell? Is someone having a bonfire? i wish i had some marshmallows… :smiling_imp:

This only happened because Uther had a deep connection with the Light.
Frostmourne was not able to steal his whole soul. This is NOT the case with everyone arthas killed.
And he didnt steal Sylvanas’s soul. if he did she would have died fully. he simpy killed her and turned her into the banshee with his magical op death knight powers.

So youre saying there is a sylv in SL already like Uther? And now the azeroth version is also in SL. Doubtful.

Uther asked for the light to save him which probably caused the split. Sylvanas did not.

Technically its blizz doing a jig to make it possible for uther to be in the halls of reflection and the SL at the same time though

our Sylvanas is good sylvanas and is trying to save shadowlands from covenant opressors
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/id-be-pissed-if-i-was-sylvanas-and-learn-the-truth-about-shadowlands-too

And yet the Light was able to shatter Frostmourne completely but not save the entirety of Uther’s soul. Makes sense.

Same. And in fact I think that cinematic even showed her to us.

My crazy theory? The half of Sylvanas that went to the Shadowlands joined the Kyrian covenant and became… Devos! It would explain why she connected with Uther so quickly and would add nuance to her being so willing to take Arthas’s punishment into her own hands if she had buried memories affecting her judgement.

Gross… I hope not. They ruined Sylvanas a long time ago. Just kill her off for good now and let one of the best wow characters they made into the worst die and be done with before she becomes even worse. (If that’s possible)

We do not need a good Sylvanas.

As far as we know, this only happened due to the Light’s intervention.

Sylvanas remembers going to WoW-heaven, which wouldn’t work if her soul had been split in two.

Sylv didn’t have the connection to The Light. So I doubt it

No.

Uther’s soul was saved by the light. We saw Sylvanas’ death. Her soul did not split.

AHAHAHAHA :rofl:

Don’t worry, she will be okay regardless :slight_smile:

The problem with the whole split soul thing is your statement. I’m not speaking AGAINST your statement, just the fact that once you bring up such an idea for an iconic character … there will be people believing EVERY character they like has been split up into multiple parts.

It opened the door to “well, he’s not really evil, only part of him is evil!” style of poorly written redemption stories.