I hope guilds make a comeback going forward

Huokon (although the owner has always been a crybaby and there will be a temper trantrum), seems to be able to just split into many different organizations on each server. However I assume this was to target Huokan specifically, and there is no reason that organization is so large unless they are laundering the gold back into real world money.

I logged in expecting to see praise, yet now people are crying that they need to… play the game?

Mythic boosts aren’t the only boosts people buy. Way more AOTC boosts are sold than Mythic boosts I would imagine, largely just because of the price and availability of boosters. AOTC is in that range where it is easy and cheap enough that someone can both be capable of earning it on their own and also be casual enough to consider buying it.

If AOTC carries become more expensive due to lack of Huokan type stuff, then some people could conceivably consider earning it legitimately. I know at least one person who bought an AOTC carry on an alt because it was easier to trying to PUG it, since their guild stopped doing Heroic runs and it can be tougher to get into 1-shot PUg if you don’t have AOTC on your IO (even if it is on your account).

1 Like

No, the contributing factor is the game sucks and is boring as hell. Has nothing to do with boosting at all.

Cya Houkan you won’t be missed

I just don’t see the problem. You already know where all the big boosters are. Just transfer to THAT server and buy all the boosts you want - from whatever guild/person is doing it. If you’re already in a guild/have friends on your old server tell them to transfer with you! That way you can all enjoy the boosting.

Well seeing they made exceptions in the new rule for guilds and individual players, it is clear they are after the mega communities responsible for the spam ads. It is very possible that some of the players who did carries will now form up and make a guild expressly for this. And just join and leave as they need for carries.

To me this thing is unclear. It also makes me concerned about an uptick in people getting scammed.

They’re okay with guilds and groups on their server selling carries but not big communities?

I see they ban matchmaking services. What constitutes a matchmaking service?

Would a vetted yelp-esque page where guilds and groups on a server can list their schedules, prices, get reviews, and never touch in game chat be considered a matchmaking service?

(I could see this as a programming project for my software engineering degree.)

1 Like

Once we get double legos & tier sets it’ll likely be a lot easier than you think.

1 Like

The game becoming more solo friendly (Cross realm LFG/LFD, LFR, Elite quest removal, faction based mob tagging, for example) reduced the need for guilds, not boosting communities. The people buying the boosts never would have done the content they were purchasing with a guild, else they would have already been doing it.

I fear this is what will happen: players who were capable of boosting but did so from low/mid-pop realms will likely transfer in droves to high-pop Horde realms and join boosting megaguilds and their subsidiary guilds all operating on the same realm (thereby adhering to the EULA). Then all the advertising that has always happened will continue to happen everywhere–it will just include a note that says “Gold-only! Come find us on Illidan/Area52/Tich/MalG”.

The same boosters are always going to boost, and they’re always going to advertise. Now they’re just going to conduct all the transactions on one realm and customers just have to use the WoW token to transfer gold.