I hope guilds make a comeback going forward

We boys, its official. boosting communities are banned.

Im honestly sort-of-neutral to the whole thing, but I genuinely hope this means guilds can now experience a little relief and be able to maintain rosters for longer than a single patch. I know one of the contributing factors was that people could just paid a carry and move on once they got their reward they were looking for.

Obviously this isn’t the ONLY reason. But hopefully it helps. I do want to see guilds strong again. I think they are an important part of the game.

8 Likes

How can they ban a “boosting community” anyway?

Specifically what is being done.

They basically issued a cease and desist to them today. They have to disband or risk accounts getting banned. Details here:

3 Likes

Okay good. Thank you.

finally as a new player I can speak in trade chat without these communities

I’m curious if this will have any effect on the larger servers, such as A52, Illidan, Thrall, Stormrage, etc.

If it’s just communities that are banned, isn’t it possible we’ll still see guilds offering the service on the larger realms?

1 Like

NGL, the wording still comes across as unprofessional. Someone at Blizzard must have seem Asmongold’s stream over the weekend and scribbled something together and it went out without much revision. It just doesn’t sound properly “legal”, although someone explained in the last thread their theory that if it was real, it would be because Blizzard has already reserved the legal right to themselves to terminate service for reasons they deem appropriate.

Anywho, I guess as stonks up, as this doesn’t prevent individual players or discord communities that are not “organizations” from putting together carries. I sold boosts S1 but this **** ramped up to 11 in S2 which kind of made boosting non-competitive as a free agent. Looking forward to making a profit again S3, especially as M20 carries become “mandatory” for Mythic raiders who want BIS conduits.

1 Like

Yes, Guilds and individuals can still offer these services.

Literally no Mythic raider I know of has ever had this perspective. I don’t know any Mythic raiders that have purchased boosts for the content clear, even, while attempting progression raiding simultaneously–that makes no sense.

I’ve had multiple friends complain about lack of progression, but it’s never been to boosting. Any serious Mythic guild can very, very easily screen you for boosts. For starters, virtually every single guild carrying will have you kill yourself, so that you can’t grief with mechanics you don’t know how to handle.

2 Likes

You and me are on the same page my friend!
I am sure my Resto druid will carry people for that Red mount.

Also… I genuinely can see a HUGE wall for TSM next season with those Taza dungeons. IMO they will be pretty unforgiving past +15

They’ll go through massive amounts of nerfs likely.

1 Like

Too many guilds with too many requirements and restrictions. How did you think all this started?

1 Like

Well… it started back in Classic. And it started because pros get bored of running the same content so they bring others along for a fee. And people that made lots in the AH had nothing else to spend it on.

There are plenty of guilds with “lax” requirements that people can join and get some progress on.

If you want to play the highest levels… then you need to put your effort, not be a liability. That seems reasonable.

Yes it does. Problem is getting there. I haven’t used any nor will I - I just know this is a player problem from the top down. Even medium players make it near impossible to get past M4 - hell even M0. Raider. Io made a problem of players not talking or helping in a dungeon worse. Wth did everyone think was going to happen.

How does one get better unless they’re allowed to run it? What? Over and over on normal is going to do it. Even heroic and M0 are a problem to get into nowadays.

I’m guessing they did some research and we’ll see soon. Automation and AI can work both ways.

It might see an effect on the lower tier heroic prog guilds, but not in mythic. This might have the unintended consequence of forcing players to get better at the game, which I would be a fan of.

You’re on Wyrmrest, you could speak in trade chat already.

Boosting isn’t gone. They’ll just form guilds and boost that way.

Their statement makes no sense anyway, people buying boosts aren’t looking for a guild. Guilds are having roster issues because the content sucks.

SoD is not fun, keeping alts up is not fun, the game is just not that fun right now.

4 Likes

People don’t know how to read. Boosting is still in full swing. This just takes down large communities like Huokan. My guild is still safe to keep boosting.

1 Like