I have lost faith in this dev team Elemental devs have no idea what's going on

I really want to love this game. Every time you give this spec something good you rip it away. Just when I thought this spec might actually be viable in the high end a 25% lava burst nerf and 25% ele blast nerf. In what world do you buff something so heavily to be 3 weeks from the expansion launching to destroy it. You have no idea on how to properly do anything game related please resign.

4 Likes

You are dooming way too hard. We are still in a good spot

2 Likes

It sucks but we’re still going to be okay. For context, this is what beta raid dps values were looking like after this last round of raid testing. We were blasting hard. Small sample size but still:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iptkXLjpmlCam3nmTXNnBz2CF45jZDmRBaKWtCm7Hio/edit?gid=0#gid=0

2 Likes

Just undo the nerfs to splinter, at least for enh, that one was nonsense.

The rest is just damage tuning, which i don’t care much about. Aside power of the maelstrom, which got a buff, which is very nice for lightning.

Pwave being affected by flash is also very fun.

Liquid magma on 30 sec is great, but not my preferred choice of spreading flame shock.

1 Like

This should have been done before reaching live game (but done anyway)

WTF? those changes are aimed to beta bc we are broken on beta, on pre patch we are just strong lol

I’d trade rolling thunder for a talent that doubles our mastery values for lightning spells. idc if it’s full passive or for X seconds after tempest, but lightning is really all about those overloads.

2 Likes

Hitting for over 1 mil crits on Elemental Blast with 10 stacks of DMG increase from flame shock. Seems fine.

Its comments like this that makes shaman stay in a bad spot. We are not good. The gamplay is clunky. No way you play pre patch and then play beta now and say this with confidence.

1 Like

I totally agree with you. Honestly, it’s not only on Blizzard; the Shaman community has been neglected for so long that many believe they’re still in a good spot. I need Elemental Shamans with a larger audience to stop being so passive about how bad the class is right now. Look at the mage community and the arcane “fix.” Blizzard reverted that so quickly because they have streamers who actively complain and suggest fixes instead of just letting Blizzard disregard them.While we might not have much influence over Blizzard’s decisions, I believe if the Elemental Shaman community bluntly pointed out the faults of the class, Blizzard might reconsider some of the changes they’ve made.

2 Likes

2-4 target situation is where ele specifically needs help. Does it suck, sure. But our ST and larger AE isnt doomworthy.

And the 2-4 target area being helped isnt based on what the OP complained about. EB/LvB nerf. Its based on the lack of surge procs + chain lightning just being laughably bad.

I understand your side of things. The class feels bad to play because we can’t focus on just one aspect of gameplay. The recent “fix” for the Lava Surge trigger, particularly when Searing Flames is talented, has made the class less enjoyable. The 25% buff to Lava Burst and Earthquake in the tier set is nullified by a 25% nerf to both abilities, rendering the 2-piece bonus useless. Elemental Shaman has always thrived on funnel damage and reactive procs, and these changes have made the class clunky and unenjoyable. Blizzard should focus on tuning numbers instead of disrupting class flow.

The beta changes are not on live yet. It is horrible at any high level gaming situation and if the lava surge change goes to live, every shaman will doom.

1 Like

The thing that should stand out to to people is that they always wanted it this way. When the talent tree revamp came out on the 2nd they said:

The rate Lava Surge procs now is exactly what they intended from the start but the bug got in the way of it. I’m going to guess that they did not know what was causing Lava Surge to proc like crazy with multiple Flame Shocks until recently when they figured out Searing Flames was the culprit. Notice the terminology they used: “Resolved an Issue”.

The mage community is also way more unified where as both Enhance and Elemental are constantly fighting a war between Storm vs Elementalist or Fire vs Lightining Builds.

1 Like

I understand that the devs might have intended for Lava Surge procs to occur less frequently, but this negatively impacts gameplay. It’s similar to the mage arcane spec situation. When the community indicates that a spec plays and feels better in a certain way, developers should consider maintaining those aspects, just as they did with the mage community. If the Shaman community is the way you say it is, it might be challenging to advocate for the changes needed to improve the spec. We need to be more vocal and united in our feedback to drive positive changes. Not just complain but provide solutions for what we feel is good for the spec.

It is a large issue because since season 3 because a good part of feedback has been “hurr durr meatball bad lightning good” and guess what: the listened and this is their solution. Now, don’t get it twisted. They absolutely did lightning builds dirty with the lack of luster talents and the mastery changes. But I can guarantee there is a portion of the Ele community who see these complaints about Lava Surge and are thinking, “Perfect! Now, no more meatball spec”.

Both Enhance and Elemental suffer from this divide.

Most people are terrible at articulating what their issues are and would sooner scream for something to get ripped out rather than adjusted. Enhance is the perfect example with the endless crys from a portion of Enhance players asking for Chain Harvest to replace Pwave. Talking with a lot of them I found that they simply hate the setup for it rather than the actual ability and would be much more keener to the ability if the setup was made more fluid. It’s an uphill battle but you’re 100%: gotta keep up the good fight.

I agree, the lightning build was a lot of fun. When it was viable, the Shaman community should have voiced their support and proposed solutions to improve it. Instead, everyone defaulted to the fire build, and now the class feels bad to play. We could have elevated both builds to make them better, benefiting everyone. A united community that actively supports and suggests improvements can make a significant difference in how the class is balanced and enjoyed. People always say mages are blizzards favorite class but its night and day on how they work together compared to our forums.

Blizzard knew people wanted a lightning build. They promised they would give us one. Then they just threw some passive buff talents for LB/CL in the new tree and called it a day. They put 0 effort into it and there was no iteration on it at all for feedback to be taken into account.

2 Likes

Part of that was due to the tier set forcing fire builds (which is a terrible idea coming from a person that loved the season 3/4 tier set for enhance). Also going to partially throw out that a reason a lot of people are holering for a lighting build was because Season 2 Ele was a very powerful raid spec and had very strong single target damage and decent priority damage due to the tier set. Meanwhile, the Fire build of Season 3/4 was complete dog water performance-wise. Had it cranked like it is doing on pre patch and how it was doing in beta prior to this latest update, people would have been warmer (pun intended) toward fire builds.

The issue is that a singular change can often be more beneficial for one build than another. The Mastery changes were aimed towards lessening Fire Build’s power given the sheer power overloads had with Fire Builds but kneecapped Lightning Builds given their interactions with overloads. Likewise, Primordial Wave + Splintered Elements had to be tuned down, given Lighting Builds’ ability to cause a massive amount of CDR, given their builds revolve around Lightning Bolt and Chain Lighting.

The fact that Ele’s Stormbringer continues to catch strays from adjustments clearly aimed at reigning in Enhance is so disgusting at this point given they have already made targeted adjustments specifically to Enhance’s version. Yet Ele’s version continues to get caught in the crossfire. Yet it seems the shoe is on the other foot with Enhance catching the same nerfs to Pwave as Ele has.

1 Like

i have been wanting to play lightning shaman since forever , dont get me wrong love fire too , but i got fire on my mage ,lock , DH, evoker…

Stormbringer needs more “fun” …the storm elemental needs to boost dmg not haste, the is a lack of capstones for lightning…

EoGS should convert EQ to lightning storm , remember that EQ is still physical dmg…why?

tons of good suggestions of beta thread tbh. But we arent mages so prolly ignored.

fire , the last nerf kinda suck , at this point its too late because beta ends, however its maybe time for blizz to revaulate flame shock

want me to put this on all targets on sight? how u want me to do it? totem? pw? manual?

or want to convert flame shock to unstable affliction?

1 target cap but more proc % and dmg? because it feels that way.

its seems that blizz added flame shock CD > only to add a spell that puts flame shock on another target / totem that toss random flame shocks , and then a way to making Lava burst hits all flame shocked targets…cool right? but…

then why put a CD on the first place?

or why not make PW/CL work like LAVA LASH and spread shock to other targets?

its feel like the meme from the movie

• What do you want?
  • Its not that simple