I have left the last 10 battlegrounds in a row. The quality of teammates is so abhorrent in this game

Every team, without exception, ignores every objective and just does random things that don’t benefit the team.

If i get seething shore, they ignore all of the azerite nodes and go for kills. If i get temple of kotmogu, they suicide mid and dont pick up orbs. If I get flag carrying maps, they don’t attack the flag carrier. If i get eye of the storm, they all run mid and die. If i get arathi basin, they run to blacksmith and then die.

I really do believe that all of the good players are on classic now, and only the scraps are left on retail. I truly, truly regret re-installing retail. I thought after 6 months of not playing it might have changed. Maybe people would try to win again. Maybe everyone would stop being so selfish by not trying to win. I was wrong. Retail is full of the most selfish, terrible players who only want to smash buttons (proof of this is the fact that every bg the enemy team has at least 3 ret paladins which is the most brainless 4 button specialization of all time).

I can’t do it. I can’t waste my time trying to win if nobody on my team tries to win. I cycled through all of my alts today and not ONE team played the objectives in a single battleground. It is a sad, pitiful experience in retail and i truly hope that it dies.

8 Likes

So true…

2 Likes

It’s like the players that I get on my team are programmed to ignore the design of the battleground.

Totally agree.

3 Likes

The whole expansion in general makes people toxic in my opinion. All of the tasks you have to complete like visions, world quests, island expeditions, mythic dungeons really burns people out mentally.

I think the game design makes people hate the game even though they want it to be good. PvP especially. You see someone in full mythic gear with double your health, and you strictly pvp, it becomes de-motivational.

10 Likes

How serendipitous that everyone who has replied and liked so far has exactly the same number of collectibles as Zombie. :upside_down_face:

19 Likes

I rate the quality of teammates who desert one BG after another as being lower than players who lack gear or don’t know common strats. At least they exert some effort.

:man_facepalming:

6 Likes

There was a common denominator in all those BGs :thinking:

LMAO potato posted on four of his toons to agree with himself and all liked his original post.

7 Likes

this is blatantly untrue.

You mean doing hours of chores every day to get the right corruptions, azerite traits, ilvl, stat distribution, essences, and previously neck level before doing anything enjoyable makes people hate the game?

Does Ion know about this?

4 Likes

I won my last 10 game’s in a row

1 Like

Lol did this kid make ANOTHER thread where he’s talking to himself/upvoting himself on multiple alts? My god

1 Like

join a pvp community.

i found one with lots of great players, we run premades all the time. legit won every single game i played today. lost count… maybe 13-0 or something

good luck

:joy:

Agreeing with yourself on an alternate profile is pretty much the lamest thing you can do on a forum, nice.

3 Likes

Maybe they are upset at how undergeared you are? I would say just have fun and farm kills in the losing BGs but you don’t have the DPS. The BG is usually won in the first fight and having players without 110 corruption resist and corruption on every slot is a bummer. Lets be honest if you don’t have the gear you are a free kill. Which is how it should be.

I would suggest gearing up and finding like minded PvP players to Que with. Then your win % will surely go up dramatically.

You really need far better gear though. That just isn’t even close to competitive at this stage of the expansion. Maybe you just came back which is tough but you need to farm echoes, get all sockets, get corruption, max resist etc.

Then you can enjoy winning and farming BGs and GYs.

Just made me think of this Gilneas I was in the other day:

It was the usual thing that the team could focus on the one healer. There was a shadow priest and holy priest. I always list the number of healrs and name and specs.

I did early on at WW. AFter everyone died, someone posted “That priest wasn’t a healer. Install HHTD.”

I replied, “yeah, that’s a good point but it also shouldn’t be that hard to tell if a priest is a healer priest. If the priest has shadowform like I do, he’s not a healer.”

I don’t know why I was even surprised. This happens all the time.

Just like everyone leaving a node when it gets captured only for 1 horde to recap it solo with no fight.

mabye its the blizzard overlords putting you a deserter into bgs with other frequent deserters :eye:

1 Like

Simply put if you desert 10 battlegrounds in a row you don’t need to PvP. :roll_eyes: Deserting 10 battlegrounds in a row on retail IS the sad and PITIFUL part and YOU are that part. How pathetic.

2 Likes

I can sympathize with your experience. That is why i have changed my perspective in bg pvp as a healer.

I pvp in bgs to just have fun now… not necessarily just to win. If i am on a losing team that clearly will not make a comeback, I look for people that are at least killing people well and whisper them and start picking fun fights to get in.

It helps me practice positioning and tactics of map locations that i would otherwise not take the time if i was just focusing on pure objectives and winning.

4 Likes

It used to be worse.

Back in MoP we had the plague of bots that would join a BG and run around along waypath points looking for fights.

One time I was the only human player in EotS. All the Horde bots mounted up and went in a single line over to MT, while all the Alliance bots went to MT and defended it.

This went on the entire match. The middle flag was left untouched, as was DR, BET and FRR.

Though I spose it was a good thing cos I capped the other three bases and won it for Alliance :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh no if I am playing a random bg I never die and just stay safely in the back which is why I also never pick orbs, my life is far more valuable to do that, the kids who want to play Cod and jump in to start fighting and die after a while are free to do that uwu