I have changed my mind....DPS as a Healer

No, you are asking them to DPS another target you dummy

You’d have them DPS themselves ?

Might be counter productive.

You are as dumb as this conversation

Are you 8 years old

You sound like you are emotionally stunted honestly

There are no valid arguments in this very stupid conversation.

This is the author of this post months ago talking about dpsing as a healer and how his healing sucks: When a healer thinks they're dps - #17 by Amapriest-wyrmrest-accord

It’s always the same guys complaining about the same things and pretending they just discovered something.

1 Like

It comes down to personal preference. My main is a MW Monk, and I just love the playstyle of it. Out of all the healers I’ve played, this one feels good to dps with during downtimes when no incoming damage. I use a two side button mouse, but I hotkey like a monster. 1-5 is used, along with shift, and ctrl for abilities. QE are also used, as I hate keyboard turning, and R for a little bit extra.

Once everything is setup properly, then I’m all good to go. I never reeally had an issue with GCDs, as thats a staple for mmos such as WoW. In the end, you get used to it once you try dpsing while healing with a bit of practice.

Couldn’t imagine playing without my 15 button mouse

Haha you had to use an add on to heal. You know they have an interfave that allows for mouse over targeting? Just get a corsair scimitar and you have 48 programmable buttons and can do it all from your mouse

At first blush, that sounds like resto druid xD

Can’t speak for anyone else here but I have not yet found a mouse that feels right and doesn’t set off my arthritis when trying to hit those small buttons.

This guy healed a Shadowlands heroic, died twice, and decided to let us know his thoughts about this 2 year old out-of-date content.

2 Likes

Honestly I ditched mmo mice a long time ago and just use 12345qertsfgzxcv and then shift + all of those and Ctrl + some of those. Fingers never need to leave the small bubble around wasd and my mouse has just a m4 and m5 I use for auto run and nothing

In my opinion, if it’s not possible to do with a base blizzard ui with no addons as well as a regular keyboard and 2 button mouse, it shouldn’t be expected by anyone. This guy was just running a heroic dungeon. We aren’t talking About the top 1% of players running 20+ mythic keys here.

If your tanks and dps aren’t healing themselves or using defensives they’re garbage just like the healers that stand around doing nothing when they aren’t healing.

1 Like

Their healing is part of their damage abilities and rotation. So funny none of your alts seem to understand the difference

None of my alts? Are you implying my alts are different personas and not just me?

Pallys healing people is not part of their rotation. A priest using shield isn’t part of their rotation. A tank or dps using a defensive isn’t part of their rotation, using vampiric embrace isn’t part of their rotation.

You’re garbo just admit it. You are the type of dps that has no concern over the actual group. Why even play a cooperative game at that point?

1. I’m a tank lol
  2. My main’s two big defensives are part of my rotation and I keep them up almost 100% of the time.
  3. Yes it’s you arguing with yourself to give your bad topics legitimacy.

Eh an mmo mouse is far to annoying. I just hotkey everything.

Blizzard should take note of this and transition the healer role into a support role. Healing is just a binary “make sure nobody dies” role and is honestly outdated.

Support can be anything from preventing damage in the first place, buffing your DPS, and throwing in some heals to top everybody up.

Definitely not saying get rid of any capability for certain supports to heal in any way, but change it from the current system to be more open and away from the “extra DPS that also throws out some heals every now and then”.

When people queue up to heal, most of them don’t want to DPS. That doesn’t mean they want to sit back and relax. Give healers something extra to do. Have abilities that buff the damage of party members. Have a channeled ability that buffs attack speed. There’s room to make healers/support more interesting if Blizzard has the courage to do it. It can be more than just “keep the party alive”.