I have a dumb question about launch!

Okay so, at 6pm EST does the Shadowlands content just sort of unlock? Or will the servers go down and come back up again?

I just wonder if its worth it to log in early to reserve a spot in case there are queues… or if everyone will get booted anyway so it doesn’t matter?

Its such a dumb question for me because I played on basically every launch day, except for the BC one… but for some reason I cannot remember how this works. :upside_down_face:

Servers should not go down. It’ll just unlock and you might need to relog in order to get the intro quest.

2 Likes

I believe the servers go down for about 15 minutes then pop back up

This has not been my experience with past launches. And it doesn’t say anywhere that servers are going down. Just an hour maintenance on Tuesday morning.

3 Likes

Actually they haven’t don’t that since WoD launch.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/expectations-for-shadowlands-launch/728064

3 Likes

Shadowlands quests open up but there will be lag/crash/bugs and you wont get much done.

1 Like

Does anyone know if we will get credit for our Seals of Wartorn Fate since we purchased it either with gold or resources? I just know its going away, but I currently have 4 of these tokens and would really like to get my purchase price returned for these since I’ve not used them.

1 Like

they arnt going away. they are tied to BFA content and will still act like they do now and you can still get more. just wont work in SL.

From what I have seen, these seals are actually not available any longer. The last world boss encounter did not provide the option any longer. It appeared to be blocked for use entirely.

So I understand these will not be available even for older content that used to provide the option for a bonus roll.

Atleast yesterday I used 3 out of the 5 I had in a mythic Uldir mog run.

Interesting. Wonder why my event did not offer it?

If it’s anything like BFA was, upon the clock striking 6 PM EST, a quest should pop up automatically telling you to go to the next place.

It should be seemless.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/expectations-for-shadowlands-launch/728064/58

Thank you guys! That totally clears things up!