I got a question about the level squish

No. This is only the case if you enable Chromie time when leveling something new. The expansions all have actual level caps and such. The dungeon journal provides information on that.

Chromie Time is something that’s optional anyway. You can level through the various expansions the same way we do know if you really want to.

1 Like

Oh, so you can opt out of it? Well I will definitely at least try it, I thought it was a forced thing.

Once you hit 50 you are taken out of chromie time and as far as ive seen old content was around lvl 35 without it so it should be soloable. At least vanilla stuff was 35, didnt check the rest.

Well for running dungeons, I wish you luck. As of now on the beta they have removes 99% of loot/gold from old dungeons/raids. There is a chance for personal loot from bosses but that’s it. Other than a little gold there were almost no materials, no greens, no blues, and almost no trash items either.

:cookie:

1 Like

You are forcefully ejected out of chromie time once you hit 50. No way to finish the stories you were working on. :clown_face: :world_map:

1 Like

Really? That is just so sad and so Blizzard.

3 Likes

It’s opt in / opt out, yeah. I personally look forward to trying it.

Yeah it is on the PTR.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dont-force-us-out-of-chromie-time-timewalking-journey/617686

BlizZard dances with their piles of $$$ while their own game is not ready for launch for prepatch or expansion.

:dancer:

2 Likes

So this mean all the greens and blues items right now are gonna worth more in Shadowland? Mhmmmm… Are you sure that is going to go out live or its just they are not done with the scaling?

I heard they gonna nerf gold and such but 99% of gold and items drop is extremely abused, the ONLY reason why I run WOTLK raids and such is because they still drop a lot of greens and grey.

That’s just it - we don’t know. There were threads here and in the beta forum but Blizz has maintained radio silence so it’s anybody’s guess. The only thing of note was the normal notice saying “legacy rules enabled” didn’t happen but that only supposedly only for boss drops.

I really don’t know. This entire level squish seems… unfinished actually.

1 Like

Were you there for WOD first stats squish? It was a total nightmare day 1, getting one shoot by spells and such anyway, I SERIOUSLY hope they didn’t nerf greens and grey items drop in old expansions otherwise I will be really pissed, I do not run Legion raids since the trash mobs literally drop nothing, there is no fun in running them at all.

2 Likes

Bingo. There are still blue/green items I am missing from my appearances tab so making them impossible to get will be really frustrating.

2 Likes

Just checked on ptr the XP locking guy is still their. I assume you could lock your xp for a while to stay within the level range to finish up the quest zones in Chromie time?

2 Likes

I have the same question. I hope someone knows :slight_smile:

I’ve done some dabbling on there to see what BFA content was like with copied characters. The Druids will hit like wet noodles now and probably won’t live through it. Lol we can only hope.

Hopped on ptr to test chromie time with xp lock. I couldn’t do it and couldn’t do it on a fresh level 10 allied race that didn’t have xp locked.
so I think chomie time is disabled atm on ptr.

If anybody with beta might know or be willing to test to see if chromie time works with xp lock that would be pretty cool.
If remember right chromie time runs out at level 48? I think?

Blizzard saw that more players were soloing old dungeons than running current raids so they had to do something to get players to “enjoy” new end game content.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I always stop reading when the poster uses “boi”. Is it me?

Does anyone know if l old level 60 gear I still have in my bank, be viable again? Someone explained it to me but I think it needs to be explained to me like i’m five year old

I ask cause… Benediction/Anathema.