I found the reason of Blizzard nerfing warlock AGAIN

Blizzard doesn’t has sufficient fund to hire a warlock designer because they are suck. Therefore, they are just nerfing nerfing nerfing warlock to make people quit playing warlock so they could delete it with a proper reason. I feel you and I understand you Blizzard. However, there are many dedicate warlock players and they will just quit this game. As the result, what you are doing just make your situation worse you f****** dumb asses.

Blizzard always just make the change for change but not for good. I miss the pandarian warlock but they removed all the fun stuff in next patch so I afk. I think many warlockers have had enough of Blizzard and do the same this time.

22 Likes

They’d rather you not play warlocks.

9 Likes

While I agree with you, MoP Lock was definitely my fav, but no class now has a “Designer/Dev”, according to Chris Kaleiki interview 2 months ago, it’s a group of Devs.

My problem here is that it goes down to the old saying, to many cooks in the kitchen, some Devs may have minimal knowledge on the class making these changes…

I think it’s just greed now, they don’t want to hire Class Devs anymore to save a few bucks, but certain classes and specs are suffering from this decision. Especially Warlock…

7 Likes

At the risk of being “reeeeee” out of the forums, aff locks getting nerfed does make sense.

Yes, MR is the only thing propping our spec up and making it viable in raids

Yes, being a dot focused spec with a long ramp up generally speaking doesnt work in anything outside of a raid environment, and even there has serious flaws depending on the encounter.

Yes, the meta in pve is all about burst aoe and quick target switching.

Yes, aff locks are one of the worst specs at priority add damage.

However, blizzard does not and probably never has take things like this into consideration when nerfing a spec. Their thought process is “see spec with high numbers. must smash spec with high numbers. Job done gooooooood.”

PS. im probably the only lock hoping that this nerf ends up being good for us in the long run. To be honest, ive had serious doubts about the viability of aff as a whole for months. When your spec is outdpsed by tanks in low key 5 mans, there is something fundamentally wrong with you spec. When demo can do more damage pressing one button than aff can in 10 seconds, there is something fundamentally wrong.

2 Likes

should be use to it by, blizzard has ruined locks for years.

7 Likes

Nerfing Affliction only would make sense if every other top contender got nerfed aswell, WW Monks, Balance Druids, Fire Mage, Shadow Priests and MM Hunters…

You know to “Balance” the specs, but so far only Affliction got hit by the nerf hammer, which really doesn’t make sense…

Yes it’s performing great in raids, but it’s a bloody complicated rotation compared to the others…

I know it’s early days and hopefully more changes do come but so far I think the MR nerf doesn’t make sense.

7 Likes

We definitely needed another post about how Blizz hates a class and is trying to delete it

/s

3 Likes

Yeah, 1.5 billion in annual revenue doesn’t go as far as it used to.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t need to hire a new designer. All they have to do is visit their national archives like classic/TBC/WOTLK/Panda. All their answers can be found there.

3 Likes

Warlock was great in all the aforementioned except WOTLK. I thought the balance changes between BC and WOTLK were the most drastic for locks in a negative way. WoD Affl locks felt the most powerful in any expansion. The only issue Affl locks had in WoD were DKs. Legion was off to a good start until the first round of nerfs then Warlocks didn’t work until towards the end of BFA when most of those nerfs were fixed.

I think most of us here are looking forward to BC at this point.

1 Like

we need people to unsub

3 Likes

It’s not about aff locks getting nerfed, it’s about the fact that they chose to do it with a global spell that affects add, single target, and priority damage. The only thing we excel on is single / cleave fights, and that is primarily because of the unstable affliction conduit. A nerf to that conduit is all that was necessary to lower our ST damage. Or increase the cooldown on phantom singularity or soul rot so we don’t have 5-dot windows as much. Or one of a dozen other things.

2 Likes

Ion and the other devs have said on multiple occasions that they want Warlock’s “class fantasy/design” to be weak during the beginning of expansions and they want us to grow in strength and power throughout the game… its a joke

1 Like

why are people agreeing with this kid rofl. “because they are suck” “they want to delete warlock”

wtf lol. so stupid

5 Likes

Somewhat entertaining once you get over the face-palm of it all.

It’s happening again, guess blizz wants IH to be remembered as a bad game dev that only ruined warlocks without fixing it. That will probably be his legacy lol rather than the content he has been pushing for because you can’t enjoy content if your class is bad. You can’t fix classes when their is no dedicated devs to classes who cares

That look on Josh’s face says it all.

Affliction is in the top 3 in raids on warcraftlogs, it doesn’t suck you’re just bad at playing it. Your median is 27.3, this is a you problem. The class doesn’t suck…yup… it’s the player.
Stop blaming blizzard cause they didn’t design your class to be bad player proof.
I do find your name ironic though

1 Like

That seems too ridiculous for a dev to say.

But considering Ion also said that he’d rather not have us play Demo once, I can imagine him actually saying this.

I get the warlock sadness because of M+ and PvP, but that line gets misquoted so much. The context was that Demonology was so overwhelmingly powerful at that point in the game they were making reference as to why they were buffing aff/destro and nerfing demo, as memory recalls. They’d rather us ‘not play demo’ because it’s OP and instead let us have a choice in spec.

The intent, at least, was good. The execution of this intent, ever since, has been awful.

1 Like