I fixed arena for you blizzard

Why is it that arena feels unbearably fast paced for novice PvPer’s and unbearably slow faced for extremely experienced PvPers?

So what happened? How did you screw up so bad Blizz?

My thought: Cooldowns and Immunities.

1. Cooldowns
    It’s never going to be possible to make arena a smooth and balanced experience when every class is going to do 4-10 times their damage in short cooldown windows. Vendetta, Dark Soul, Touch of Death, etc.

2. Immunities
    When I say immunities I really just mean extremely strong defensives. Ice block, Turtle, Karma, Disperse, Iron Bark, Caccoon, etc. The reason I use the term immunity is because if a target has something like Iron Bark, you are literally not going to kill it.

Anyway, there you have it. Classes pretty much only do damage in their burst windows, and for every burst window there is some sort of immunity. Novice players don’t have the experience, awareness, or reaction to perfectly time defensives with offensives, and experienced players do so the games go long, stale, and moist.

1. Solution
    It’s not rocket science Blizzard. SIGNFICANTLY reduce cooldown damage; SIGNFICANTLY buff sustained damage.

The playerbase has been telling you to do this for years. This is what made arena great in TBC and Wrath. You didn’t need cooldowns to kill. You just needed a good setup. This also leads to a much more dynamic match, where every friggin thing is not entirely scripted.

Anyway. Cooldowns should make a class do maybe 3-5% more damage at most. I don’t care if pressing Touch of Death; Images; and then timing my Maledict and Whirling Dragon Punch (to do about 140K instantly) gives me the wood of the century. It’s terrible for the game. New players will just die and leave. And experienced will just use a defensive and negate it all.

Not rocket science Blizz. Fix your game or let it die. Don’t leave us all in purgatory.

/rant

6 Likes

gosh darnit he used his immune to everything ability

are you complaining about ice block? its literally the most balanced defensive in game and has been since nilla.

until mages have no blinks polymorph has 2 charges and a 45 second cooldown and iceblock is removed mages will not be balanced you see

Polymorph is fine, shimmer is gross and needs to be replaced with deep freeze tho.

2 Likes

Never thought that 20% damage reduction would make somebody immune to damage

Hey man I’m just going off the information Whitcomovich gave me

Caccoon = defensive? :thinking:

Wizk/Pikaboo training Maldiva. Vendetta; Kidney; Smokebomb; 3-Maledicts; Unholy Frenzy.

Metaphor gives Ironbark before Smokebomb. Maldiva uses nothing else.

Yeah, I stand by my statement.

Generally agree with the overall premise; I think that immunities don’t really need that big of a change but should be on pretty decent CDs—5 min or so. It’d put WoW on pace w/ other games.

Ironbark is definitely not an “immunity” and your example of Maldiva (who I’m assuming is playing his warlock) is bad, because warlocks are already tanky. All it does is reduce the damage you take by 20% and increase the healing from the druid’s hots. But if you wanna go ahead and think ironbark = aspect of the turtle you do that lol

He is right with the CD dmg thing. Immunities however, way off.

1 Like

You are an idiot if you can’t understand the distinction (which I literally said in my original post) was that when I used the term “immunity” all I was saying was an ability that completely negates a GO.

Now I don’t know what world you live in, but if you don’t understand that an Iron Bark or Caccoon placed on a Go (before dampening at least) pretty much renders that go unstoppable then i don’t know what to say. You are either trolling or you are bad.

Can kill thru iron bark, karma and coccoon.

Might be true but I’m better than you since I know how this game works :wink:

1 Like