I find these guild recruitment threads amusing

Especially the ones that talk about understanding we are all older and have real life responsibilities and kids to take care of.

Then turn around and start raids at 6 to 7pm and go until 11pm or Midnight. Anybody that can put that much straight time into Classic raiding that early doesn’t have kids or responsibilities. They still live at home or share rent on an apartment while going to school or flipping burgers.

Where’s the guilds that understand the RL working parents with families that start around 8:30 to 9:30 at night?

I’d gladly push 1am for raid clears if they started later.

11 Likes

Vintage raids from 8-11pm EST Tu/W/Th with the core progression team raiding on Th.

If you are interested here is our forum post.

Not everyone is like you? Not every place is the same? You’re life and limitations probably don’t represent everyone or probably not even the majority? The time on your clock is not the same as the clocks on PST, EST, GMT-0 etc…?

Example: I live in Hawaii.

• Hawaii is about 4-8 hours behind mainland time.
  • In Hawaii the business day for most people ends at 4pm. Then its pau hana.
  • I love playing with AUS guilds that are on a bit early (later for me).

I’m sure you can find a guild that suits you without making assumptions about other people’s lives, families, or responsibilities.

1 Like

I am in a similar situation, my 2 year old is a sleep at 7:30 and my 4 year old at 8:15.

I could start at 7:30 one night a week or 8:15 two nights a week.

I will not be progression raiding, however clearing MC, BWL, ZG/AQ20 and possibly the others after enough time should be within reach.

4 Likes

I would disagree. Here’s why.

Kids: You deal with them in my raid night, I’ll deal with them on your night.

Time management

Sounds like someone is salty :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Regretting your life choices much?

1 Like

There are a handful out there but they are definitely harder to find especially for Pacific time zone. I’m in the same boat and can’t raid until about 8:30 at the earliest once the kids are in bed. Check the Classic WoW Guilds Discord server and you will find them.

https://discord.gg/HNT7UPq
1 Like

I mean… alongside understanding how time zones work, this would be the responsible and mature thing to do. Lets see if the OP can manage.

1 Like

I live on my own with a full time job not flipping burgers. And I could do that raid schedule no problem.

Don’t be mad at people who can raid pretty normal hours.

2 Likes

Same. I have a full time job. I made choices in life that allow me to game any time I want outside of work. Just gotta feed and walk my dogs. Outside that I can game as much as I want.

1 Like

Easy fix for NA - EST, pick a CST or PST server

You shouldn’t even care about these guild recruitments. Doing this before launch is 100% pointless. Just pick a realm, start leveling, and worry about that crap later. You can’t tell which guild is going to be good or a waste of time from their post launch forum threads. Most might not even get past first few MC bosses. They need to wipe these threads off the forum. Advertisement is against code of conduct, and it’s wasting half the forum space.

4 Likes

Most of them are not real guilds, just a guy with delusions of grandeur to be the king of vanilla.

3 Likes

I work a standard 8-5 fulltime job at a digital marketing agency. I’m not living at home, sharing rent (unless you count my girlfriend since we live together), going to school, or flipping burgers. I simply don’t have kids nor have any desire to have them in the future. I like my free time and my money and have structured my life to suit that desire. In fact, that is a growing trend in this country.

But hey, feel free to keep judging everyone else because youre unhappy with your own life choices. We’ll be enjoying the extra time and ~$250k per child we’ve saved.

1 Like

Just stay far, far away from guilds that use phrases like:

“Our goal is to…”
“Building our ranks…”
“With a focus on raiding, PvP, and helping new members gear up …”

Those three phrases are a sure sign that the GL thinks they are special and capable of running their own special guild even though they have no experience whatsoever.

1 Like

Man, this thread could have been way better. Let me fix.

Looking For A Guild That Suits My Available Time, Please Help!

See how much better that is? The OP is so condescending. Any decent guild who sees this post would be hesitant to recruit you. Perhaps think positively and refrain from leaving cynical comments in the middle.

As many pointed out; a lot of people comes from different walks of life. Not everyone has the same situation as you, and those who have more free time aren’t below you.

5 Likes

Sounds like nothing to do with the guilds and more to do with what time management you have, find a guild that suits you, don’t whine some don’t.

Sounds like OP should start a guild thread.

So, being a parent is exactly the same in every house? OP sounded like an upset and jealous parent with 20 kids.

Sounds like there’s quite a market for T/W/TH raid times from 9:00 PM to Midnight…

Let me know what realm y’all are rolling on!