I finally had enough

of the boredom with Live and got on Classic! It actually feels like WoW. I kinda have that feeling again of what it was like just starting out on WoW. I decided to roll priest because I wanted to experience what shadow is supposed to be like again. Been missing the old iteration. I’m enjoying it so far though. :smile::partying_face:

23 Likes

Good! The important thing is to have fun!

11 Likes

shadow isn’t fun in raids unless you’re lucky enough to get a group that let’s you use your spells. Most of the time at least to my knowledge its you spamming shadow weaving and wanding and that’s your damage.

EDIT: this is because of the de-buff limit of 16

But it’s one of the strongest PVP classes, so.

Eh.

okay, casual!

Yes, I do play this game casually, thank you for pointing this out.

But that’s the point of this game. It’s the point of all games. To have fun.

6 Likes

Enjoy the leveling while you can. Max level content is easy and boring.

2 Likes

Yeah especially now that there’ll be cheaper flasks…

1 Like

All day, everyday :wink:

1 Like

better hope you can actually find groups for non-endgame content that isn’t a paid boost group

1 Like

Welcome to real World of Warcraft,an actual mmorpg. Not an RPG action diablo like game.

3 Likes

yes they are fun in PvP i’d imagine you can kill clothies with a single SW:P

1 Like

Ew, what is this furry abomination that you are posting from?

1 Like

What are you enjoying about it?

It’s hard to put my finger on it, for me, but I think some of the things I’m enjoying are:

• it’s simpler - meaning it’s obvious what I want to do or go for as a goal
  • exploring the roots of classes

And that’s about it - end game is lacking in a lot of ways, but I’m super happy that there aren’t 4 tiers of end game - I HATE lfr/normal/heroic/mythic. I don’t even want to play a game that has those. I will silently opt-out of that. I do not mind (and even maybe like) a game that has heroic/mythic — or even only mythic level difficulty. That makes it special.

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it too!

This is an interesting question. I have to agree, it’s hard to put a finger on it.

Something I enjoy a lot about Classic over retail is the lack of wf/tf/corrupted. It gives a greater feeling of satisfaction from loot.

3 Likes

Athene addresses this with “but if i kill you in game, and I pwn you in game, who’s having fun, you or me?”

In the moment, you are, but, in the long run, down the road, you both are.

Well I like the simplicity of progression but the complexity and choice in skill trees as well as the fact you have to gain skill in things like weapon proficiency and defense. I like that spells and attacks can miss or be resisted and simple things like gathering resources can result in failed attempts. One major thing I like is it doesn’t have the scaling that Live put in place. People play MMOs for the fun of gaining power and feeling that power when you easily kill enemies that were once formidable. I like how it feels when you get a drop off a random mob that is an upgrade and how even gear sold from vendors are possibly upgrades and money is not easy to come by so when you save up enough for it, you get a sense of gratitude. I like how you have to actually go to trainers. I like how quests aren’t marked on the map, you actually have to read the quest log and figure it out (if you challenge yourself not to look it up on WoW head). I don’t know, it’s just refreshing.