I feel stronger as disc than shadow

So I just dusted off my old priest that was sitting at level 87. Haven’t touched it in years. I read that disc was best for leveling with war mode on and was slow but steady. I then switched to shadow to see the difference. I don’t feel safe pulling more than 2-3 as shadow. I feel safe with 5-6 as disc and they might die a little bit slower but not really that much. Now the big kicker is I tried both in battlegrounds. Disc was fun. I wouldn’t be top healer but I would have 10x the dmg as other healers and like the combo heals/dmg. Shadow in bgs I felt like I was just tickling the people, and I was getting wrecked really fast. Does shadow take awhile to get stronger or am I just not very skilled since this is literally my first hour playing shadow in bfa and first time in 4-5 years period?

I can pull 10-15 mobs as shadow and not worry about dying.

Just need gear and you’ll be fine.

As for PVP, no idea since I’ve never enjoyed it.

1 Like

It’s definitely about gear.

Once you hit ilvl 400, world mobs are simply dying from your dots before they can even reach you. Activate Misery, and Vampiric Touch everything you see, then just collect loots. You may have to Mind Sear a couple times, that’s it. Disc still owns at this ilvl, but much slower.

I love shadow for bg’s. However, i hate shadow in 2v2 arena. In 2’s, one melee can literally sit on me and i can’t cast anything.

Cobain, Shadow is strong at open world AoE pulls at max level with some gear, but while leveling, especially in some of the middle expansions, the scaling is way off and you definitely can’t be doing that. It’s not you. Get to 120 and gear up, and you’ll be impressed.

1 Like

I actually love shadow in 2s. Keep both enemies at 30 percent all game

Ok thanks for the replies. I feel better now lol

It’s not you, it’s the class. Shadow sucks at soloing period. Mobility sucks, self-healing sucks, survivability sucks… (ONE druid treant has 2x as much health as Mindbender and they summon THREE).

Grab a tank and a healer friend and you’ll feel a lot better, but soloing as this spec is a waste of time. Even at max level you’ll damn there need heroic raiding gear to get similar speeds to the more mobile bursty classes.

Shadow’s the optimal choice for leveling if you know what you’re doing.

Idk I’m having fun as disc and I got attacked by a shadow priest 2 levels higher and just sat there and laughed at him trying to kill me while I slowly ended his life. Might not be optimal but it’s fun

If I want to kill a 122 elite, I’d switch to Disc. If I want to kill a sh#t ton of trash, I’d shadow up and DOT them all down.

1 Like