I feel like I missed something in Ardenweald

So in the middle of the quest when you’re exploring the ruined grove near the end, they suddenly going from calling the masked fae ‘the masked fae’ and refer to them as the Drust.

When did that change? What did I miss? How do they know the invaders are drust?

1 Like

From you maybe?

Like, once you see them, you could be like, “Oh, I know them. Those are Drust.”

Yeah but even if that’s the case, there should have been some reference to it. Also that is way more agency then we usually get. Haha.

1 Like

I think it’s that we don’t know the masks are from the Drust. We start calling them all Drust once we know what they are, which I think happens during the… second hub?

I was also a bit lost, maybe they have some knowledge of the drust but weren’t aware they were responsible for the masked fae.

1. side quest reveals they are drust
  2. if you kill the elite witch NPC during the quest she yells about the Drust
2 Likes

Well for a while the denizens Ardenweld did not know the Orgins of the Masked Fey it was only later in the Ardenweld storyline when it was realized the masks were created by the Durst and they Masked Fey were revealed for what they were, puppet soldiers for the Drust.

The Elite Witch Matron is a Drust which the Night Fae points out recognizing the species!

During the Ardenweald Questline the Drust all look like Witch Matrons and Vikings while the transformed Masked Fae are treated as separate!

The funny thing is the Drust were brought to Ardenweald due to one of the Night Fae messing around with a Drust stone causing the Sylvari to have a mask slapped on him turning him into a Masked Fae spreading the infection to others which ultimately not only created the Blighted but also brought the Drust themselves into Ardenweald!

There’s also one side questline that’s part of the Sojourner of Ardenweald achievement where the Drust Leader uses a Botani model

Marasmius claims they’ve invaded before actually, long ago, just that everyone has forgotten