I feel like a god right now in bgs

Just came to say that I kinda feel bad for lower geared toons in random BGs, etc trying to grind honor bc the gear gap is so insane. As a hunter with 61k hp with fort 59k without it sometimes feels unfair to undergeared toons.

It’s probably feels even more insane as a geared hybrid with the ability to heal themselves and do massive burst.

I’d really like to see the gear gap toned down next patch bc I’m sure it’s extremely frustrating for new players.

But until then weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I’m having a blast destroying these kids lol I’m not even gonna lie

24 Likes

:frowning_face: must be nice

7 Likes

Yeah that’s how twinks feel too. Really toxic for the game as a whole. After a while you will most likely get bored with it which is why it’s a terrible system for player retention: The geared players lose interest and the non-geared players quit because why repeatedly expose yourself to that abuse.

Also this gearing system makes BG’s just really unfun as a whole because every game it’s just the more geared side stomping the other. There are no fun fights with back and forth.

52 Likes

Yea last BG I was in I was literally door of shadow’ing up to their gy and just stomping everyone that rezzed. By time we had 2 flags they were down to 10 ppl from rage quitting and then everyone just quit rezzing except this one stubborn mage and rogue that kept trying to get away with no luck. I hate when people do that to me and think it’s obnoxious so obviously I felt the need to do it.

I disagree - I’ve posted two (I think) Battleground Score screenshots showing that the team I was on was massively outpointed on DPS - I mean like 4:1 outpointed - by teams that clearly outgeared us by miles - but we won by a hairsbreadth.

Mechanics wins games.

Granted, if two teams are both following mechanics and one is significantly geared better than the other the better-geared team will win, but gear isn’t a guarantee of a win.

I feel a bit sorry for the folks who paid so very much for their carry-acquired gear only to try to use it and get owned by a pack of toons with lower level gear.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think that’s typical. More often than not the undergeared team is just going to get rolled and end up afk’ing out. Sure there might be the odd game where you win because the other team just doesn’t care at all about the objectives and just wants to GY camp your whole team while 2 people run a flag or something, but that’s the exception not the rule. I see it every single day and can tell who will win a BG 99% of the time just by looking at the health of our players vs. theirs in the starting room.

25 Likes

Agreed - it’s an exception - but if the players on the well-geared team don’t KNOW the mechanics because they’ve never played them and only know “Kill for honor” you can rack up some wins against teams like that.

1 Like

Disagree. There are hordes of gamers who thrive on roflstomping and will be very disappointed if the current imbalance is addressed. And that is what is most depressing: that this situation isn’t one of neglect but is deliberate – that Blizzard is catering to a specific type of player, one the OP has accurately described with his own pleasure at being a prick, facilitated not by his own skill but by the game’s design.

10 Likes

my 180ilvl rogue thanks you.

What’s a smarter business decision: Catering to a small subset of players who make the overwhelming majority miserable, or catering to that overwhelming majority? I think we all know the answer to this as well as Blizzard. I also think it’s why Blizzard has repeatedly made changes to discourage twinking. So how did we end up here? Good question, but it’s not one simple answer. There are a multitude of things that led to this current situation and I don’t think any were foreseen by the devs unfortunately. However we can definitely point the issues out now and hope for the best.

10 Likes

So why can you still turn off XP gains?

Does not matter since they can not get into xp on anyway. only people that can get into xp on with xp off are level 20s and 50s

Turning off XP gains was supposed to help the normal player too as it put the twinks in their own BG’s with no xp. So they’d only fight each other. However due to numerous bugs and exploits by twinks it’s not working correctly. That’s 100% on Blizzard and they need to fix it, but the intent was to prevent twinks from being able to just ruin everyone elses experience.

1 Like

I played this game at the tail end of WotLK, beginning of Cata and this very problem existed back then and is only worse now.

Not making the choice to fix something is making a choice.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree. Blizzard devs need to be able to discern what kind of criticism is positive and good for the game and the community as whole vs. what is complete toxicity that comes from a smaller portion of the community.

There are also people who profit from selling carries. They will also scream about the changes.

If they address the imbalance there are going to be people that freak out. They will need to make a stand and be able to take the political heat for making a decision.

2 Likes

yeah but they moved away from that totally in MoP, WoD, and Legion. They just went back to it in BfA and SL for some reason. Not taking away from what they did. They did it and it’s on them ,but I just don’t think they foresaw what was going to occur and how it was going o impact the average player. I could b wrong though. Regardless I think we all want it changed so I recommend just making your sure your voices are heard as much as possible.

2 Likes

Here’s to hoping the .5 patch comes with some actual fixes. With the population being 1/3 or less of what it was last season and holinka saying something might come in the .5 we can pray.

I’m being stupidly optimistic with that I’m sure but I hope. I’m unsubbed with a little time left. Most people I was playing with in season 1 quit, so hopefully they give me some actual incentivize to wade through lfg before I run out.

1 Like

Considering I absolutely obliterate people in randoms on a 230 BM with 6% vers, I’d say you are a God in random BGs. Lol

1 Like

Yep. That’s just BM. Completely over the top and overdue for the nerfbat

2 Likes

Killing, damage, healing, cc are all objectives. Its hard to the objectives when youre dead and also hard to do objectives if you can’t kill anyone.

Posting a screenshot of a time when your team won against the odds doesn’t prove anything, it’s just a memorable win.

Most random battlegrounds get decided by who gets stomped the hardest

4 Likes