I don't understand the size & logistics of the Alliance military

Pretty sure the horde lorewise wiped out most of the blood trolls during our Nazmir storyline

If we wanted to focus on logic, Dazar’alor would have been flattened by the Alliance’s sheer air superiority the moment word got back that the best the trolls had were seabound ships.

Or maybe even by the space goats with their humongous spaceships that are conveniently nowhere to be seen now.

2 Likes

Those same void elves had energy bars as mages. So maybe they were the defects?

1 Like

How can I shoot fire balls out of thin air? How can airships with no aerodynamics whatsoever gain flight?
The answer to these and most all other questions is simply, “by magic”.

Well, their master, G’huun, is dead, as well as most of their leadership, and Horde players pretty much devastate them during the Nazmir storyline. So there wasn’t all that much left for the Alliance to clean up afterwards.

2 Likes

Considering their answer to “why doesn’t the Alliance use the Vindicaar in the defense of Darkshore” was “because shut up, that’s why,” I don’t even think the logistics make sense to the people writing the story.

3 Likes

The problem is, Blizzard’s Writers do not have a set world built for Azeroth.

What I mean by this, is that the Writers themselves don’t know how big the planet is. How big the continents are. How tall the mountains are, how many villages there are. What the populations are, what the overall industrial capacity of either faction is.

None of that is set in stone and canonized, therefore all of their writing is based strictly on “rule of cool”, and “it is what we say it is at this moment.”

Thus, we get massive disconnects in what is believable.

In reality, each of the races on Azeroth should be so close to extinction and unsustainable population levels, that anyone considering war on the levels we see in-game would be torn apart by their own people for their stupidity.

The Writers also fail to maintain consistency in anything and everything in Azeroth. One example that really frustrates me is the difference between Warcraft 2 and the Tides of Darkness novel that was written about it.

The Writer retconned the 6 years passing between the sacking of Stormwind and the invasion of Hillsbrad/Southshore by the Orc Horde to a few months.

Then also has the Orc Horde run around the Alliance Army, and go racing off to Quel’thalas. On the other side of an entire continent.
With no supply train.
Over mountains.
While being pursued by an army using a built up road network, supplied by towns and villages ahead of them.
And winning the race.

I have long since stopped looking at Blizzard’s writers as capable of consistency, believable plot lines, and remembering anything from more than 5 seconds ago, or having actually googled what the mobility and logistical capability of a Medieval period army actually was.

5 Likes

I’m just waiting to find out the real reason this whole expansion is happening is because AU Sargeras is responsible. They don’t seem too creative anymore. All of the drama in the game is now player driven.

Keep in mind, those blood trolls are “timelocked” to the beginning of BfA, the Alliance show up in Nazmir after the blood troll threat has been dealt with and Ghuun defeated. Lore updates are not typically represented in game.

2 Likes

you do know on our side as we quest through, we soundly put a beating on the blood trolls right?

The Horde basically wipes out the power structure of the blood trolls in the Nazmir questline and Uldir.

Uh I took there spaceship for a joyride, crashed into sargeras. #ThisisrealCannon

1 Like

Yes, we surely do hurt the Blood Trolls in Nazmir, but they remain a consistent thorn, as evidenced by the continual dailies to help suppress them, and the constant torrent of trolls and undead dinosaurs into Zuldazar.

Logic and Blizzard are mortal enemies.

The writing for BfA has been terrible. Blizzard really needs to reevaluate who should be on their writing staff, and who should be living in a cardboard box on skid row.

1 Like

“This is only the furthest edge of the Time War. But at its heart, millions die every second, lost in bloodlust and insanity. With time itself resurrecting them, to find new ways of dying over and over again. A travesty of life.”

Not really, their society is very primitive, since G’huun wasn’t very much about technology and progress, being that he is a giant cancer cell with a brain. With what little leadership they had left wiped out too, as well as their big daddy, they’re just a bunch of cannon fodder. Most of them throw spears and use their bare fists lol.

Iirc horde races tend to reproduce at a significantly faster rate than the alliance races with trolls and orcs being the fastest

You make excellent points.

The logistics of all these conflicts are like a splinter in my head. I don’t know how the civilian population (if there are any at this point) find the time to reproduce replacement parts at all. Unless their gestation periods are like a week.

A lot of things have annoyed me about disposition of military forces, troop movements, and otherwise.

Most notably…

1. Address teleportation and its use in aggressive tactics.
  2. Jaina’s flying ship spells should make an appearance…or at least Sylvanas should be planning for it. Since it completely jacked up her forces at Lordaeron.
  3. Where is the main horde force that burned Teldrassil? Is that what is currently occupying Darkshore and getting eaten by Night Elves, trees, and assorted woodland creatures?
  4. Did Sylvanas err greatly by parking such a large force in Darkshore when she could have been solidifying her hold on Zuldazar?

I am not a military historian. I’m not a tactics expert. BUT…I do live in the real world, and even normal fantasy authors acknowledge that militaries have to be MOVED to have an action.

I feel like armies in World of Warcraft are just writing devices. They disappear and reappear without any gravity surrounding their presence.

1 Like