I dont trade gear with my group. Am i at fault?

So im a tank main currently which means i get priority on a lot of loot…But in dungeon groups it pisses me off how many people ask for handouts, like I GOT THE DROP. Even if its a gear upgrade, why do i have to trade it with some random clown I’ll never see after the group? Im wondering if anyone else feels this way because the begging is going a bit overboard

3 Likes

if you don’t need it why not help somebody else out…

31 Likes

I got the drop and they didnt. Why sacrifice my own loot for some beggar? Also in an mmo the goal is to progress faster than your peers so if I give him the gear i am just stunting my own progression.

i mean if its a upgrade for you yeah you should keep it but if you don’t really need it then thats kinda lame on your part

29 Likes

So not donating everything i get to everyone in my groups so i have 0 gold is “lame”? Sounds like you havent gotten groups lately.

so your vendoring these items instead of giving them to people who need?

7 Likes

That or a quick disenchant when im on my mage. Im in the dungeon to get gear, not GIVE gear. How else do you expect someone to progress?

1 Like

use different ways of getting gold, lol like dailies and profs. you asked for a opinion on if you’re wrong or not. i gave you my opinion on how you are and you’re arguing w me lmfao. its better too help someone out you might play w in the future over a couple gold. You give and you get but hey thats just my opinion , keep doin what ur doin if you feel like you’re right.

6 Likes

Im not arguing i just got confused about why you were asking about that. Its all good if you want slower progression at the cost of gearing up OTHER PLAYERS instead of your own story that’s on you.

im not slowing my progression by helping other people lol that makes no sense but whatevers clever

14 Likes

You are though. You gearing up a single player can change reality, you never know how getting another person to be more powerful could have an affect even YEARS down the line. Even if its a .000001% chance, its still not worth the risk, right?

bruh what a troll lmfao i have 3 toons 4400+ and i always pass gear onto people that i dont need

23 Likes

Obligatory posting in a faux lemon thread.

9 Likes

This reads like a thread by someone who has never actually played wow but has read a book about it

20 Likes

What if 2 expansions from now they kill you in a bg and that causes you to ragequit for the night and missing out on a potential super rare drop? Thats already 1 example of what could potentially happen even if .000001% likely. Surely you cant disagree there.

theres actually people like this tho mostly on retail youll see they got the highest mythic item needing on a raid finder piece that could be a big upgrade for you and ignore you or even the same in mythics :joy: usually people on classic are way nicer about it

8 Likes

Okay…And what have you accomplished to boldly tell us this?

Imagine deciding that you need a late night hit of dopamine and come to the wow forums to troll as your activity of choice

20 Likes

Is that why you commented? Not everything is a troll.

1 Like

Not everything is a troll, that is true. This thread definitely is. Seek mental help asap. There are medications that help with serotonin uptake that might fix your brain.

24 Likes